Eyelids!

Q&A: Appearance Technical Support
Sponsored by : CustomSense.com
9 posts Page 1 of 1
BeanzSL2

by BeanzSL2 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:41 pm
hey guys, i was wondering does anyone know anyone who can make and ship eyelids???

i want to get a pair of eyelids for my 1996 saturn SL2, yes, i know they are not made for these cars. and thats EXACTLY why i want some!! i think it will look insane, with my new headlights that will be in, in 5-7 days!

i will pay 50 bux if that is reasonable? i cant fiberglass. and i would try but i dont know what to do.

:twisted:

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 am
hmm, i actually thought about this, but i scrapped my second gen SL before i could do anythign with the parts that were on it

I wanted to try this to try and make a small mold, and then parts from teh mold... basically for educational purposes

if i had a car i would try it out, sorry i dont anymore

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:25 am
To have custom made ones done for you, it would cost more than $50. If you knew how to fibreglass, you would know how much time it takes to make stuff perfect while doing it.

sc2_projekt_97
6th Planet Addict

by sc2_projekt_97 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 am
just get some vinyl like the srt 4 guys do. put them on, see how bad it looks and remove.

win.

and fiberglass, your looking at like 250 for some one to do them atleast

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 am
i think the first couple sets (making the molds) would cost some money, but if someone made a mold and sold a bunch, they could re-coup the costs quickly.. unfortunatly the saturn comunity from what ive seen seems to now support themselves?

from that observation, you migth be on your own, or payinf someone to do custom work for you

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 pm
I would do it, but not for $50. Like Kenny said, the first couple sets would be expensive as that is where all the work is. Your costs alone would be more than that when it comes to supplies. Send me a pic so I can get an idea of what you are looking for. How would you like them to mount to the car? Would you be interested in carbon fibre eyelids? I'm sure I could do them for around $100-$150 for the first set. After that, the price would drop significantly.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 am
ya, so that means you have to get a few people interested in them, so everyone can share the prototyping costs ;)

BeanzSL2

by BeanzSL2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:19 pm
hmmm well that vinyl idea sounds good, but kinda too budget for me :P as much as love mopar. we satty lovers gotta show em up, and rip the neons apart in our tupperware racers :D

im thinkin of doin it like them sunflower boys, and custom fabricate a eyelid setup using the hood. the sunfires have aftermarket hoods that extends over the headlights for eyelids. so me being pretty damn good at weldin ( :P ) i think im gonna custom fit some eyelids out of sheetmetal and then weld em and flush them with the hood, i dont know what gauge im gonna use yet. prolly same as hood so its not to weak and looks real flush.

what do you boys think??

AdaM42

by AdaM42 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 am

I have no pics from my old Saturn but these were on my Golf for a bit.

Duct tape is the same color as the silver Saturn lol
9 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko