Need gauge opinions

Q&A: Appearance Technical Support
Sponsored by : CustomSense.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 pm
So I got board of my stock gauges and put some glow ones in.

I have not put it all back together, working on getting everything to be accurate.

So my question is should I paint my needles? They almost look black right now when driving , with the way that they block the light, which only looks so/so.
Wondered if any one else has a similar setup and if they have their needles painted red or something that would "glow" and still be visible.

Thanks!

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm
I always thougth somethign liek this wold look cool... its called a glow needle?

if i rememebr correctly its a little light ring that goes below the needle and makes the underside of the needle reflect the ligth creatign a glow effect

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-INT ... ccessories

BRIBRI

by BRIBRI » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm
hello i have a 2001 saturn sc2 and i was curious to know where you bought your gauges. also is there a special tool to take the needles off. i live in newmaket and i am curious to know if you have any pictures to see if i have seen your car before. thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
brian

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:59 pm
hmm thos do glow pretty good. I wonder how the blue on blue would be.

I am in Newmarket a few times a month so its possible.

Somehow I did not have a picture of my car in one piece :? so I went out and took a pic unfortunately crappy night shot.

Green 96 sc2, stock looking.

I got the gauges online, I think ebay but do not remember got them last summer but never got around to it. Its made my American Products Company and called "Luminescent Gauge Kit"

Install was pretty easy. You need a 7 and 13mm socket, and little screwdriver to pop the cluster apart. And the needles just pull off with you fingers.

Getting the gauges to fit properly required a little sanding and some super glue!

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:39 am
andrew88 wrote:hmm thos do glow pretty good. I wonder how the blue on blue would be.

i have seen many didderent colours, red and clear are a couple ive seen more often
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko