AEM Dryflow filter...

Q&A: Performance Technical Support
18 posts Page 2 of 2

by Viperoni » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:31 am
viperssaturn wrote: BTW, I also use their K&N gold oil filters which are awesome and well worth the money. :wink:

Actually they've been tested to not filter that well.

Best choice (on a budget) is to use the Napa Gold 51516, which is about 1.5" taller than our stock filter, and is made by WIX Racing filters as well. costs around $9.

by viperssaturn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:59 pm
As far as filtering itself goes...I don't think that daily driving on any filter is really going to change that much but I would really like to see the testing of all filters to prove whos filter really does flow and filter better under extreme conditions. I can't see NAPA/Wix filters being a better filter however anything is possible.
Verified Newbie
by Michaelfup » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm
ive got the same problem with my 05 and AEM intake.

found out the screws holding my MAF in had come loose, so retightened them and cleaned my MAF at the same time. This helped quite a bit but still have a little bit of hesitation around the 3-5k rpm mark but only under certain loads of acceleration.

i was thinking it would prob be fuel pump/filter or even maybe the injectors i believe the secondarys open at around this rev range???

i had it with my stock intake aswell but nowhere near as noticable as with the AEM intake
18 posts Page 2 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko