PCM Modification

Q&A: Performance Technical Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 am
http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=60045.0

For anyone still running OBD1 this is a thread to check out right now. Someone has found a way to modify a stock ecu using Pro Tuner. I am downloaded the software and his file that he is working on. Very very cool stuff! You can modify all sorts of interesting things.

Is anyone on here a computer geek and understand how he has done this? My knowledge is limited right now, but I am pay close attention and PM'd the fellow on some more info directly.

As most of you know, I am in the middle of a build and may go a bit further with it if I can avoid using a piggy back or full engine management system.

Let me know what you think!

Nick
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:01 pm
I am kinda watching that.. pretty interesting. But doing a piggyback or full management is not that difficult.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri May 07, 2010 8:28 pm
I know it's not hard, but not having to change wiring and adding shit is a plus IMHO. The only thing that worries me right now is he mentioned changing to a chip that can be flashed. I understand why it needs to be done. But I will continue to watch closely.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat May 08, 2010 9:53 am
back in my Jbody days there was guys doing this.. someone i knew had a chip programmer and was playing around with them... ive lost touch with all that tho unfortunatly.

I did look into this a little while back for hte saturns, but couldnt find a post on it.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 pm
This is kind of off topic to the original post but still pertains to PCM tuning. I was looking at a reflash tuner for my car, 02 LW200 2.2, the HP tuners one will work, but you need credits to tune it and they are only good for a year. I am, like most saturn tuner, slowly putting something together but would like to get a reflash done. My dad saw 20 HP on his stock car and could have seen more if it wasn't, at the time, still under warranty. Some body know of a place/person that can do this?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko