Q&A: Performance Technical Support
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:02 pm
http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/product_info.html

Or straight to product:

http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/cat_ca ... tml#Saturn

Seriously thinking about getting some springs to compliment the new suspension stuff I got recently.

Anyone reading on 6thSphere, one of the guys emailed them about spring rates.

"Thank you for your interest in our products. The spring rates for these springs is front 140 and rear 200. Shipping & handling costs to Canada and the lower 48 US states are listed to the right in gray, which is $33 for these lowering springs.

GW"

It's also been talked about that the numbers are reverse. So 200 front/140 Rear. And they are a 2.0 drop all around.

And with those numbers, how do you think stock shocks would hold up?

Thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Nick

sc2_projekt_97
6th Planet Addict

by sc2_projekt_97 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm
if you did any research at all, all saturn struts are 'stock' per say. there is no good upgrade minus agility, amr, progress or the rare koni coilovers. kybs dampen 30% stiffer in the front BUT are stock in the rear. spring techs are rumored to be the same as the kybs tho the company will not release their data on them. we do know that they are stock in the rear though. so your answer it they will be fine seeing as you have no better options besides real coilovers and those numbers arent that high anyways, they are pretty standard. read the link i posted on sixthsphere for you. just stay away from h and r race and the skunk 2 springs and youll be fine.

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 pm
i had those drop springs on my old 97 sl2 for about 2 years pretty comfy for a 2inch drop i had kyb gr2 all around as well. stock struts will be fine depending on km on them. if you got over 100k on the struts replace them at the same time to save you some headaches, as well as the front strut mount (bearing, pillow ,etc) the rears are just a rubber pillow so dont bother wasting money on them.

4 kyb gr2's
4 springs
2 front mounts

i also put those type of springs on my old redline as well i believe jer has them as well on his redline. ride was firmer then stock but nothing crazy.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:04 pm
Thank you Rear-Vue, that's what I was looking for. Sounds like this is something I will wait for until next spring. By the time I get some cash saved up to do everything at once, it will be too cold to be working outside and having to deal with the snow.

But sounds like a sweet deal for the drop and ride quality!

Thanks!

Nick

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:58 am
GHSTRIDR has them on her car, they seem good to me. |Also dealing with them wise, the parts were shipped very quickly. i dont know what their prices are like now but they offered free shipping back when we bought them

PurpleRain
6th Planet Addict
by PurpleRain » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:26 pm
I also have them on my car with the KYB GR2's - they are a good combination for the price.

01saturnsc1
6th Planet Addict

by 01saturnsc1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:57 pm
i have them with a 2.5 inch drop ride real nice unless u gave 3 or four adults in my car then i rubb

Zapp_Brannigan

by Zapp_Brannigan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:47 pm
I have these on my SL1 with Monroe struts...also a 2" drop they ride pretty nice. Absolutely no complaints.. I'll be buying the 2.5" drop come Jan/Feb..so I'll see how those go.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko