APEXi SAFC vs Megasquirt

Q&A: Performance Technical Support
55 posts Page 1 of 4
STATIX

by STATIX » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:53 am
OK now im hearing with my Hp i need to upgrade to this megasquirt stand alone EFI ECU and it is very confusing when i look at the web site... Now what are the ups and downs of the two systems i have the APEXi NEO SAFC and it seems to do me great just a little glittchie in different weather. Anyone please help
Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:19 pm
STATIX wrote:OK now im hearing with my Hp i need to upgrade to this megasquirt stand alone EFI ECU and it is very confusing when i look at the web site... Now what are the ups and downs of the two systems i have the APEXi NEO SAFC and it seems to do me great just a little glittchie in different weather. Anyone please help

You've got a pretty serious built motor with bigger injectors, you could definetly use a standalone.
If you don't know what the advantage (or differences) between a standalone and a SAFC are, you've got a lot of reading to do.
Do you have a wideband?

sc2_projekt_97
6th Planet Addict

by sc2_projekt_97 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 am
an SAFC is a piggy back and megasquirt is a saems. they are so different they arent even comparable.

btw, your build is a total lie, your pics are stolen from sda's website and why dont you visit us at the sphere anymore and tell us more about your amazing 251whp n/a saturn thats not on nitrous. we still want to know what we have been doing wrong for all these years, ya know, since your a saturn god and all

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm
Whatever happens on sixth sphere can stay there. We welcome all here and if you want to flame people go back there. It won't be tolerated here. He has made no claims whatsoever here and if he does, I am sure he would be happy to provide dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times. Nobody should make any claims on numbers or times unless you can back it up. :wink:

STATIX

by STATIX » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:32 pm
sc2_projekt_97 wrote:an SAFC is a piggy back and megasquirt is a saems. they are so different they arent even comparable.

btw, your build is a total lie, your pics are stolen from sda's website and why dont you visit us at the sphere anymore and tell us more about your amazing 251whp n/a saturn thats not on nitrous. we still want to know what we have been doing wrong for all these years, ya know, since your a saturn god and all

For one i never said i didnt have nitrous on mine and two i was talking about making 150hp and my pics are examples guy... If you read a profile before you jump on to accusations you might see my build and future plans... And yes im new to the web site who cares.. but i am not new to building all motor cars... i just dont play on the internet unless i need information but dont reply to anything i have to say or ill have you kicked off the web site guy thats why i left sixthsphere because most of you on there are the real fakers... wanna be tunners later.
Last edited by STATIX on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STATIX

by STATIX » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:33 pm
SO... back to my discussin please
Last edited by STATIX on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STATIX

by STATIX » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm
viperssaturn wrote:Whatever happens on sixth sphere can stay there. We welcome all here and if you want to flame people go back there. It won't be tolerated here. He has made no claims whatsoever here and if he does, I am sure he would be happy to provide dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times. Nobody should make any claims on numbers or times unless you can back it up. :wink:

Thank you brother i cant post my dyno and 1/4 mile runs right now because im not to computer smart to figure out how to make the image sizes small enough to post them. lol
So any info on my question where to get started with the megasqurit i read the entire site and now just checking the saturn vets on whats the succesful path im still used to the VTEC systems. This GM PCM/ECU problem is driving me crazy.

coppertop_01
Crazy Saturn Mofo

by coppertop_01 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm
My opinion, stay away from both if you are doing a crazy buildup

AFC's are more for bolt on cars, not turbo'd crazy cars, and I personally don't trust megasquirt for daily driven cars, IMO go with a full standalone system.

Jer

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:55 pm
STATIX wrote: Thank you brother i cant post my dyno and 1/4 mile runs right now because im not to computer smart to figure out how to make the image sizes small enough to post them. lol

Uhm, im pretty sure there are no file size limits on this site? either the "add image to post" will let you upload anysize, and the images in the garage i belive are set to really large. Are you getting filesize errors?

Will
by Will » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 pm
i'm not to certain about the actual topic, but I also had kinda of a hard time figuring out how to make the pictures smaller to get them on.

haha nayways just my little addition

later dudes

STATIX

by STATIX » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:30 am
coppertop_01 wrote:My opinion, stay away from both if you are doing a crazy buildup

AFC's are more for bolt on cars, not turbo'd crazy cars, and I personally don't trust megasquirt for daily driven cars, IMO go with a full standalone system.

Jer

Yeah that is how i was thinking my boy in Jacksonville, FL has a 97 Satty with a megasquirt and is all drag it idles like shit and has no real petal porportion but still everyone keeps telling me with my motor i am pretty much peaked out only the megasquirt would let me add more power??? On my 99 VTEC civic my piggy back AFC is the only thing you need till you hit like 400ish hp but now im getting in to comparrison so any more opinions because this crap is not reverseable...

STATIX

by STATIX » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 am
slayer wrote:Uhm, im pretty sure there are no file size limits on this site? either the "add image to post" will let you upload anysize, and the images in the garage i belive are set to really large. Are you getting filesize errors?

Yeah its saying 600k is the largest file size??? but im confused so i gave up...

97SaturnSC2-Turbo
6th Planet Addict
by 97SaturnSC2-Turbo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 am
Megasquirts rarely work out well for people. For every person that has a megasquirt running their car, you can find 4 or 5 people that couldn't make it work.

If your going turbo, get a real standalone engine management system.

When I had my turbo turd, I tried half assing it with different solutions. Tried the extra injectors, was too hard to get any consistent fueling.

Ended up with a TEC2 standalone, which could do everything I needed.

Kevin

STATIX

by STATIX » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 pm
Yeah but i dont really wanna do turbo right now i am at 223 N/A and i want to see what i can do. but i see where your getting at so drop the scetchy APEXi and pick up the Megasquirt. Did you get Hp from this??? where do i start i read the web site and now i dont know what parts to get and they dont sell packeges i really am doing my homework because ive put way too much time and money to fuck it up and also i dont wanna lose this challenge lol.... so where do i start???

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 pm
STATIX wrote: ... so drop the scetchy APEXi and pick up the Megasquirt. Did you get Hp from this???

Really, thats what you took from those posts?
I heard everyone just say STAY AWAY from Megasquirt lol... Tec2 Standalone was what i gathered from that post
55 posts Page 1 of 4
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko