Intake questions

Q&A: Performance Technical Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Chaz » Tue May 27, 2008 7:58 pm
I'm doing an intake on my car soon and I want to do it so that the piping follows the same path as the stock intake and the filter points down on a 45 degree angle where the airbox was, and then have a piece of dryer hose coming from down behind the right foglight housing up to the filter and have some sheet metal or something as a heat shield for the intake. Would this be a good set up? I ordered some 3" pipe from Spectre along with a filter n some rubber couplers. The guy at Northside here in Georgetown was telling me I should run it down and out behind my front wheel.. would this be better? I would be worried about water getting in there... but anyways what are some peoples ideas on this? BTW I'm trying to keep it pretty damn cheap lol.

6th Planet Addict
by sc2_projekt_97 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:17 pm
you should have just bought a CAI. youll come to find that the Spectra junk, is well junk. you are going to spend too much money on this, and more money on it when it breaks.

ebay sells a cheap CAI for like $30

sc2racer Owns me
by sc2racer » Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm
Agreed ! ^ it will cause you some stupid problems you don't want to deal with in the people making fun of you lol I make fun of my friend all the time .. he has a 5.0 Mustang and he used PVC piping to make a CAI .. Puure jokes im telling .. and he meant to do it, he didn't do it to get attention ..

by DaFuzzTSU » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 pm
This sounds like way too much effort for a so-so return in power
Verified Newbie
by YousifXiwo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:44 am
So is there a big power peformance between the two? Which one is better. I want whatever intake provides the most HP
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko