7 posts Page 1 of 1
ScottyC

by ScottyC » Sat May 03, 2008 4:28 pm
How much difference would a Big Bore throttle bodie make to HP

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat May 03, 2008 4:48 pm
Probably around 400 to the wheels give or take

:lol: its more of a whole combo that you'll want to look at. A Big Bore TB with stock intake, will suck more than it can receive, with teh stock air box being so restrictive.

You get a Big Bore TB Intake, then you gotta look at the Exhaust side, you cant suck in more than you can exhale.

Gettnig a Cat Back helps, but then you stuck with the restrictive Exhaust Manafold, and Cat (or cats if you have a 3rd gen)

Jon has a complete intake done when i went for a ride in his car, and i was hoenstly impressed with teh pickup he had, this was before his complete exhaust went in, So just doing the intake will have its benifits, However, the best solution to free up the HP would be comlpete intake and exhaust..

P.S. i know i didnt give you a HP number, that it because anyone who gives a number will just be an estimate, because i doubt anyone will spend the money to Dyno a car with and without a BigBore TB, unless of course your the manufactuer?

I asume you woudl feel teh difefrent in the top end more too woudlnt you?? Anyone??

ScottyC

by ScottyC » Sat May 03, 2008 5:05 pm
yea i have an AEM short ram and OBX headers from Saturn motorsporst so i jus figured the throttle body and a spacer. not change the manifold. would just the throttle body make a diff and would my aem intake fit the big bore throttle body

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat May 03, 2008 5:06 pm
You will not feel a noticeable difference, just doing the TB. Your actual throttle response will feel better I guess but eventually you will want to do the whole thing, front and back like mine. Major difference felt after it was all done at the same time. Did intake side, then exhaust side. I like it but it wasn't cheap.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat May 03, 2008 9:40 pm
If im not mistaking, the outside diamiter fo the TB doesnt change, its the inside diamater?? so your intake shoudl still fit, if it doesnt you will just need a larger silicone coupler, But it shoudl fit, because BIGBORE means its bored out doesnt it?

if ti was called a larger TB i would then think maybe the casting was different

sc2sick

by sc2sick » Sun May 04, 2008 2:04 am
Look into getting yourself a Geo TB. The GSI is the best option, but If all else fails, you can get the single cam. Zombiesatty on 6S makes bolt-on brackets for them. The hardest part about the whole mod is making intake piping work with it.... mine was kind of a PITA

DaFuzzTSU
by DaFuzzTSU » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 pm
I'd hold off and save up, then when you've got a decent lump of cash do the whole intake and exhaust systems at the same time. That way you know all of your components will match up well with each other instead of piecing it together over several months.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko