Vue Axles on an Ion?

Q&A: Technical Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1
artsar
6th Planet Addict

by artsar » Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 am
I was told that the Vue had equal length shafts and a half shaft where the Ion has just two axle shafts. I also know that both the cars have the 2.2 and the F23 tranny. My question is. Will the input shaft of the Vue axle go into the Ion transmission or did GM change it up some how AND will the Vue axles slide into the Ion hubs? I have some axle to motor clearance issues and I really don't want to do a SS motor swap just for axles, while the super charger would be fun, its more than I need.
KennethEi
Verified Newbie
by KennethEi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:36 am
Are all 48-spline 19mm axles the same? Is this a universal interface?

I want to put a Profile 180mm 19mm 48-spline set of crank-arms onto a Gusset Pigmy 19/20mm axle, and I have been told by Profile that this is not recommended, as only Profile axles work with Profile crank arms.

The 19/20mm refers to the ends of the Gusset axle being 19mm but the main shaft of it being 20mm to fit the Gusset Pigmy 20mm bearings housed inside.

Ive tried sliding the Profile crank arm onto the Gusset spindle with no grease and it goes on about 3/4 of the way before getting tight. So it seems that with the added 1/4 of the way pressed on, that this is a secure fit..... But now I am having doubts, after being told that it will not be safe.

Does anyone actually know the real truth on this one?
2 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko