Tinting tail lights, head lights, markers, etc, etc...

Q&A: Technical Support
12 posts Page 1 of 1
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 am
Hey guys, quick question on this rule I have heard a lot of fighting over what the legit rule is:
Is it legal or illegal to tint your tail lights? I have been wanting to do this for some time now but haven't had the money time or shop in order to do it. I wanted to put a light coat over it just to make it dark during the day but still let everything light up at night. The only problem is I have heard to much about cops pulling people over and making them clean it off there car, I am just kind of hoping someone has a little more knowledge then me and knows the best answer.

Next question: tinted head lights? Once again, same as above, enough to give them a dark appearance but want to take as little away from them lighting the road. Any suggestions?

And finally : tinting the yellow side markers on the front bumper. I have been playing with this idea for awhile, either tinting them black to go with the OEM after market badge's and (maybe) soon to be tinted tail lights and head lights. Just looking for someone who has a little more knowledge then me before I go and do this. Also up for personal opinion on the markers, I'm still stuck whether to try and tint them or if it would be just easier to order a clear set off ebay and be done with it. hahaha So many options, only one car.

Cheers.
GhostRyder(not sarah lol)
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 am
There not hard to tint. I have a how to I'll post or dig up later. As for legality I'm not sure. Headlights will be illegal for sure. The tails it depends on how dark and how bad the cops are. Hamilton we never had a problem, but I hear Kitchener Waterloo is a little less friendly with the mods on a car? Check into thy more before you go for it tho
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am
Putting any colour or cover on your headlights is illegal. Tinting or covering your taillights until they are not visible is also illegal. My car is done on the tails and center reflector but not bad enough to not see them. Just enough to get rid of the cherry red. My signal lenses are also done. I think if you do it reasonably and not black like some, you would be ok but like Kenny said, the police here in Hamilton are pretty good when it comes to mods that are properly done.
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm
Thanks guys! Yeah I didn't want anything too extreme, just enough to make it different and give it a dark look during the day. I figured the head light tinting would be illegal -_- . Thanks for the help. I have tinted lights before, I was wondering if anyone had ever tinted the side markers successfully I may go ahead and order clear one's anyways and try tinting my stock orange one's. I guess ill take a shot in the wind on it hahah.
smurfdude50
6th Planet Addict
by smurfdude50 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 pm
I did my tails and side markers, just one light coat and they're still visible during the day just not bright red anymore. As for clear lenses, you'll have to get them custom made, I recommend SickHIDs.com since Brian (owner) has made lots of them for may of cars including S-series.
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm
I did find clear ones on Ebay but I think im going to just tint my stock yellow one's and see how it turns out. I plan on only giving it one very light coat, im kind of just aiming to keep the body normal and make it look less stock little bit by little bit. I mean, I can go to a junker and grab new one's if I don't like the way it turns out.
smurfdude50
6th Planet Addict
by smurfdude50 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 pm
Or just sand it off and throw a light coat of clear on 'em.
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:54 pm
Lol......Im an idiot and didn't realize you could sand off the yellow -_- hahahaha. *points at head* guess its just a hat rack today.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:38 pm
No you can't sand off the yellow I think he means sand off the tint if you don't like it

We tinted sarahs old side markers they turned out nice but it was a black car

I shaved mine off my old mx6 lol. Well the person who made the front bumper shaved them for me
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 pm
Will see what happens, im more a less trying to get the sucker moving again ON A POSITIVE NOTE(im going to steal my own thread haha) I GOT MY SHIFTER CABLES INSTALLED WOOOOOOO! Rad preparetions will be done in an hour or so and I will have finished off that thread as well. Then im going to order in some shiny parts to make me feel better and have the thing running on the road. On a negative note : To show it my dedications I literally worked on a flat bed trailer instead of a shop 10 feet away -_- I feel the saturn has infected me.

Oh that makes more sense about sanding off the tint. I don't plan on doing it for a bit, im going to paint my calipers and drums this weekend when I put the rims back on my car. Just trying to get a color scheme for when you look at it from the side. I just don't want it to look like I dabbed black paint here and there. So I figure clean white calipers and car, with tinted tail lights, black badges and tinted front markers. its still a debate in my mind, always open to suggestions.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:35 pm
White calipers will not look good after about a week

They'll get dirty and the paint will burn. I dunno if they sell a good white pait it take the heat
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm
Hrm, black calipers it is and clear lense's. And tinted lights of course.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko