Update and a few questions

Q&A: Technical Support
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 pm
The search for any type of performance/aftermarket part is next to impossible for my LW. I was thinking of lowering it and this seems to be the only kit that I can find...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/INT-7 ... refilter=1

EDIT---------------------------

OMG!!!!!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KON-1150-5032/

DO WANT!!!!

EDIT----------------------------

However, this kit specifies that it is for the V6 models. Aside from spring rate, which may be higher due to the extra weight, would there be any issue to running them? I would be changing struts too and keep a summer/winter set.

Rims and tires, tires I know what I want and they are on sale again at crappy tire. Rims on the other hand are another treat. I will be heading to Focus tomorrow and see what they have.

Air intake, I may have to get brave and get an Ion one or what ever is closest to try and fab up. Only issue that I can see now is I have an air pump on my car and may have to modify the tube for the air line.

Vent visors, can't get them they are discontinued. If anyone has any thoughts that would be great!

Other than that, the car runs well. Changed the oil the other day to syntec. Also banged off just over 600km on a ful tank of gas. Seems this car was babied from the previous two owners. Have some carbon coming out of the pipe. Will have to get my mechanic to do an induction flush on it. Have factory LSD and traction control, needs a tire rod, a battery and a high pressure liquid AC line. However, a friend of the family does AC stuff and can put a high pressure fitting on it. It seems if I do modify this car I will be the only one to do it. Cardomain shows NO LW-series cars being modified in any way. lol I guess I am a very specail/retarded Saturn owner.

Speaking of retarded if it seems like I am on a run on/crack binge, I worked nights this week and am on 3 hours of sleep lol Going to bed soon.

Nick

PS I hope to get some pictures taken this weekend to post a sale thread, I know some are anxious to pick some stuff up, I apologize for the wait!
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:20 pm
The AIR pump system has nothing to do with the intake. It is simply a pump that runs on start up for no more than 60 seconds to lean out the emissions. Hence why it pumps air into the exhaust after it exits the engine. That is the only reason for the air system. It will be fine if you put an intake on your car. I know you can go to Performance Improvements and buy pieces to put together an intake. It was rather cheap the last time I looked and they are easy too. And for the springs, have you checked Canuck Motorsports yet? Their springs are decent for the price. Looking forward to seeing some pics man.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 am
Yah that was the first place I tried to look for springs. They only have S-series springs listed. Too bad they are a really cheap spring.

Performance Improvments I haven't check yet. And Just FYI They have moved to burlington!
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:29 am
^^^^Holy shit..didnt know that. I also dont go there that often. If there is a part out there that you need, the guys at Focus can get parts too. They are not just a wheel and tire shop. I have ordered a couple thousand dollars in stuff from them this summer alone. :lol: I have no clue why I keep dumping money into my Saturn with more parts that wont ever make it go any faster but what can I say....its a sickness.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 pm
I know man, I just got finished taking pictures of most of my stuff at a friends and holy shit dude there is a lot... well I think there is. Still didn't make it to Focus so I will have to try again tomorrow lol
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 pm
http://www.spswebpage.com/index.php?pag ... &Itemid=38 ?
So whats the ultamate goal of the car? Exhaust, rims and audio?
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm
Well, I have audio done already, need to put my 6.5's in from my other car and finish wire tucking. Still looking for rims, bought General Exclaim UHP's 205/55R16) Want an intake done, and since my flew pipe on the down pie is leaking, I am looking at a front high flow cat as the down pipe and cat are all one piece. For now, just something above stock. The ECU is going to get tweaked my my dads friend lets us borrow his programmer too. So the main Intake and exhaust are going to be touched as well as the ECU. If I was going to do anything else, a Cobalt SC or Redline TC would be the next step. I don't want to be doing that any time soon, I want to get used to the what I have and save some money.

Is there a header from another ecotec that might fit? If the price is right I wouldn't mind going that route either. And just to note, my downpipe goes under the cross member, I know on my dad's it goes over. Anyone have some incite on that?

I totally forgot about SPS. Those springs would probably be the best bet though. But what do they mean by "Rear jounce bumper must be trimmed to realize full ride height reduction" Did they mean Bounce bumper? And if I did this, KYB's would be going in as well.

But on the list to do right now, is rims and tires. The snow tires I have on will not last long with the way I drive. I drive a car, like to take ramps at a fair rate and have good take off and braking.

I never made it to Focus yesterday, I slept until 4:30 PM and payed for it today with what little I could get last night. I won't be able to do anything until Thursday now.

Thanks!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko