1997 Sunfire GT Turn Signal Mod

A Place to discuss all things J Body
7 posts Page 1 of 1
dugas.mike
Verified Newbie
by dugas.mike » Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 pm
I own a 1997 Sunfire GT 2.4L 5-speed. I am trying to wire it so that the head light turns off when the corresponding turn signal turns on. So when I flick my right turn signal the right head light will go out, and when i flick my left turn signal the left head light will go out. Anyone have any ideas? i have been working on this for 3 days now with no prevail.
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:57 am
I would be interested to see if I have a solid signal coming from the signal stat. It should be, then follow that to the flasher and grab the signal right before the flasher.
Then wire it up something like headlights running through normally closed side of relay, and have the signal wire turn the relay on (killing power to headlight) and voula!
dugas.mike
Verified Newbie
by dugas.mike » Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm
that is exactly how i have tried to do it, but with the turn signal on every wire that runs out of the switch is either off or pulsing.... at the relay end there is only 2 constant power sources (hot with ignition on) so i have no idea which wire i can splice to to get constant power only when the turn signal is on :( i have it hooked up to the signal wire from the turn signal switch but because of the pulsing signal it makes the head light flash with the turn signal.... EPIC fail.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat May 07, 2011 1:04 am
I need to ask, why you would want this mod?

I never understood why Chrysler does this even?
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:18 am
Reasons why I would: Makes it much easier for other people to see turn signal when it is close to headlight (because we have soo many blind drivers our there). And well it looks neat lol.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 am
that is one pet peeve of mine with Chrysler i would want to find a way to reverse that lol..

I do however remember a mod a long timer ago with Jbodys turn signals, on the front signal there is 2 wires, if you cut one of them it blinks super fast

for some reason i am thinking the black wire, but i dont remember exactly.
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat May 07, 2011 4:22 pm
I agree with you totally Kenny. I cant stand that the Chryslers do it but to each his own. Good luck getting it done.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko