Some insight and plans into the future of O6P

Archived Admin Announcements
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 pm
Ok, so i know the site has pretty much died off. Fortunatly at this point I am NOT going to get it die, I did get the new webhost for a year, it was mainly purchased for idolcreations.com. however it doesnt cost be anything EXTRA to run o6p on the same server.

So I will try to resurect the site. I know most of the people that originally started the site have moved on, which is fine.
I think if we get a few of the regular people around here to post a couple things a day. Even iof its not auto related we might get some newbies to join in on the convorsations.

As for the future of o6p, I am a constant learner, who has stopped toying around recently. So i will be attempting to get phpBB3 up and running on this server in the very near future.

PhpBB3 is not curently running because of a bug in the phpBBGarage installed / converter, and i don't want to loose all the garage data, and have to start from scratch, therefore I am not making the merge until i can get the phpbbGarage installed successfully.

O6P is piggy backing on Idolcreations.com's server (as mentioned) so if Idolcreations can become profitable, they the website will stay, and therefore O6P will have a home.

So lets just re-cap here, we need O6P to have people visiting the site regularily (people will continue to come bnack to active forums only.
we need new members to join (advertising)
FYI i plan on using my free google ad words i was offered to advertise us)
we need Idol Creations to bew profitable ;) yes plug for me but why not right)

for anyone who doesnt know, Idolcreations is my company. I currently have a couple wholesale distributors for autoparts, so if anyone needs anything let me know, i'll see what i can get.

Software upgrades coming (the more i play around on the server, the more i enjoy running the site and learning)

so anyway if anyone has any comments or suggestions let me know, i wanna hear what you all have to think.

I also conisderedf opening the site to come other vehilces in the past, but we sstarted out too strong as a Saturn site, so its hard to change that now. even tho everyone is welcome, people wont joing a saturn site if they dont have a Saturn... eitehr way, i don't care. whoever wants to be a part of O6P is welcome here

Ohhhh befor ei forget, I think we need to ge the core group going agian, maybe this can be accomplished by some meets. how do people feel about winter get togethers? Coffeee shop or something?

Dinner meets???

everone does know the meets and get togethers section is NOT an official meet forum, ANYONE can setup a meet.. if your going out for cofee and want to invite anyone use this forum to do so.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 pm
just a note regarding costs to run the site.

the server costs about $120 / yr, + $10 for a domain ($USD)

The google ads help cover a little of this cost, but doesn't really bring in enough for a whole years hosting.

Ive tried fund raisers in the past, which help out a little as long as people are willing to help.
O6P Swag (Shirts, travel mugs, mugs etc) can be purchased to help support the site (maybe i'll add a link to the menu, i thought i had one honestly.)

O6P Stickers will help to support the site.

and a new feature that my host now offers, is a donation button we can put on this site. basically people can donate via Paypal, and it goes DIRECTLY towards next years hosting bill. I Don't see a dime in my account, I like this feature. Because i dont have to seperate funds.

with Swag or decals, i have to sort the profits and keep them until the next billing cycle usually just sits in my paypal.

Google is not bad cause i just leave it to grow until renewal, then i withdrawl it.. its convient.

Seeing as I am a person who dopesnt liek to give away money myself, I am ALWAYS looking for fund raising ideas to help the site stay alive.

I have one in ind that will definatly help the site but i have to wait till i return from vacation. to figure all that out. Bust I plan on making the hosting fees then making a donation of all the procesds to a charity or somethign in o6p's name.

i'll keep us all posted on this one.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:17 pm
I am going to michigan next weekend to pickup my quaife we should have a tour!!

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 pm
andrew88 wrote:I am going to michigan next weekend to pickup my quaife we should have a tour!!

Next Sat (day) I know Myself, Ghstridr, and i beleieve viperssaturn are not avaialble, but if anyone meets up, tak epics and poist them up..

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 am
Ya I was joking kinda short notice, but I agree we should do something.

Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 am
I was thinking about a tour around Lake Erie, it would definetely need to take a couple days and people would need to have passports.... but I think it'd be cool :)
Unfortunately, it's tough to get much money from that kinda thing....

And now with Mike & Lisa (SDA) way out in the boonies, we won't have quite as many americans around to come up for things....

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am
Viperoni wrote:I was thinking about a tour around Lake Erie, it would definetely need to take a couple days and people would need to have passports.... but I think it'd be cool :)
Unfortunately, it's tough to get much money from that kinda thing....

And now with Mike & Lisa (SDA) way out in the boonies, we won't have quite as many americans around to come up for things....

I dont need to raise alot of money for the site, id rather raise awareness of the club with tours, meets and cruises

the fund raising parts can be small stuffn a few buks here and tehre all helps... but the idea im thinking is just a night out basically and any extra funds to be donated to a local charity (again raising awarness of hte club)

Im not ready to let the club die, even though it may have come close some times

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:22 pm
I am certain when my car gets running I will be much more active in the community and with everyone else. I only have my G1, long story and my record is clean... for the record lol with the ministry no longer being on strike, it's just a matter of time and a few more bucks to get her back on the road. I really do love that there is a Saturn club here, it is literally all around me with members. I always felt like the ugly duck on other forums because everyone knew each other and hung out and tested and played with things.

Hopefully in a while things will pick up. Seems like everyone has some things on there plate right now too, so hopefully it's only a valley right now that will pick up. :D

blazinsc1
Post Whore

by blazinsc1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 pm
it'd be a shame for the club too die as i have been apart of it ever since it was saturn tunerz, i'm still active with my sc1 and working on it still its just i've been super busy lately and haven't really had much to post about right now i drive a 08 saturn aura for the winter and store my sc1, i love saturns it kinda sucks they got axed but meh what can u do i mean if i was to buy a different car to be quite honest i would be skeptical to buy another one not because they r not a great car but because the company is not around nemore, but as far as meets and stuff go i could possibly do coffee sometimes depending on my schedule but it would suck to see this club sink even though i'm not around as much as i use too be and i guess i should make an effort to post more!!!

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 am
Rudy's idea of a cruise around Lake Erie would be awesome. I would love to make it a couple day trip and spend some time across the border staying in hotels for the night. Maybe its something you should work on Rudy :wink: If you need help planning, I am sure there are a few people here that can help. I think the Niagara Falls cruise/BBQ was awesome this year and even though there weren't a tonne of people, the people that were there had fun. A few of us even got closer to getting over our fear of heights :wink: I am all in to getting more stuff going this year, even if it is only sunday night coffee at the beach strip or whatever. Keep up the good work Kenny and since nobody says it nearly enough if at all, thanks!!!! I don't know about most of you but I have been dying to get down to the Tail of the Draon. Start saving your pennies if you are interested and we can hit it up this summer.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 pm
Well I am glad to see there is some activity going here again, I do know everyone has stuff going on. A cruise around Erie might be cool, I have my passport now, so crossing the border is now possable for me.

what is tail of the dragon, any links, or details, I never really looked into it

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 pm
Tail of the dragon is a pretty big tour. 3 or 4 days I think? In the states. As the date comes closer (august I think) there would be plenty of info on 6 sphere. Maybe we could go as a group down that would be awesome.

Also a tour this spring in new york. Jer would probly know more about that.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:10 pm
well saying "info is on 6thsphere" is not helpful to keep this club alive.

when you send traffic away from o6p it is what kills the club.

Plus the simple fact we are a local club, whose core members are in Ontario (mostly southern Ontario) even tho everyone is welcome

it is more difficult to get something going ona larger forum liek that..

Secondly, I may be a member over there but i have never posted, I don't like the way some of their permissions are setup.

25 posts just to see some forums, (i understand posting in a forum, but to not even see the content) I don't have anythign to post over there, so i can never get 25 posts.

and if i start posting stupid shit to get 25 posts i am guessing i will get flammed for making gay posts. just what i have noticed over there.

so that being said, lets try to post (or repost) any information regarding any trips, or tours, or cruises over here for our members to read.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 pm
6phere are too much of aholes for us to loose any members to!!
I have 115 posts over 3 years there in the tech section because its nice being able to talk to Saturn techs..

I am sorry I brought them up but we were talking about Tail of the Dragon which is a tour they do..
But at the same time our local club going out to other events could support us aswell, like all the americans who are close to the border and even discover other locals that did not know we exist!
Whenever I see a post from a Canadian on 6sphere I send them our link btw ;)

On a happier note I also vote Rudy should plan out a nice tour as well.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko