O6P Software Upgrades

Archived Admin Announcements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:33 pm
Hey all, i have been toying with the idea to upgrade from phpBB2 to phpBB3 for a while now, It will happen eventually but for now i just want everyone to take a look at it, and see what it has to offer

http://www.our6thplanet.com/forum

now rememebr this site is NOT live an not updated liek this one, so all posts are to be kept here on the original site

check it out, play around see what you think of it.

phpBB2 (the current software we run is becoming obsolete) so we have to update eventually

anyways play it with, AND ThE GARAGE in the new version

also i will be taking some suggestions from you all on the way the site will look
check out this like and choose what theme you would liek best for the site's future look
just reply here with the name you like best and we can put it to a vote int eh future
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/

at the top "select a style" to see different styles

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:39 pm
these are the ones i seem to like
... there used to be alot more on that site. i know theres otehr sites too so if anyone finds any they like elsewhere send me a link and i'll check it out

Bl@ck
MG Autumn (top image edited)
Milky way
PS3 is kinda cool
milky Way Red
Red Silver Kinda resembles this current theme
ProFormell

edit: found lots more styles with demo here

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:11 pm
new site is experiencing problems, like i said its not ready to run live yet. there was some problems that occured when installing the garage, i will re-edit the site again later but i'd still liek to see your sugegstions for a future theme

coppertop_01
Crazy Saturn Mofo

by coppertop_01 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 pm
looks good man, is there better bot/spam filters with the new setup?

might as well update sooner rather than later, do you know if many other forums changed to the new one yet?

Jer

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:13 pm
the new software has been out for 6-8 months i beleive, alot of people have upgraded, as for bots, its just a matter of time until they flood the phpBB3 installs, there will always be a fight against the bots. we'll just have to deal with them when they come.

the only problem i have rigth now is we have all spam postings in visable to general members so i wan to re-create that type of system before we move over fully, i don want to upgrade then go backwards with the spam situation.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:42 pm
No one wants to voice their opinions on what the new site will look like?

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:52 pm
Don't really like it but agree that the site here could use a revamp.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:17 pm
viperssaturn wrote:Don't really like it but agree that the site here could use a revamp.

honestly, likes are not part of the equation, its the fact that phpBB2 doesnt get the support and upgrades it needs now that phpbb3 is out.

think of it this way

Windows XP now only gets Bug Fixxes (phpBB2) while Vista gets all the features (phpBB3)

so if we want the new features and future support for the board its a phpBB3 upgrade.

Now there are 2 types of themes available, theres a 3 style and a 2 style, that will make the board look like this old style that everyone is used to
i'll put up a theme that matches this right now just let me know what you think.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko