Over 700 Bots! and planned downtime tonight!

Archived Admin Announcements
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 pm
Ok, i came on here today to do my bot cleanup routine. I was on here during the week this past week, so it hasnt been that long, im guessing 3 days.. and i am NOT exadurating, there was over 700 bots!

I am taking that as a compliment that everyone wants to spam us, however the majority of them were 2 different Domains

i had emails liek 5185465@domain1.com
and then stuff like kjahs542j@domain2.com

basicaly all random numbers and letters (those are NOT the real domains by the way)

anyways i BANNED those domains from re-registereing and it shoudl stop that from happening again.

Since i have put many measures into the site to keep the general public from seeing any Bots, or spam posts i assume it was all working..

the memberslist was over 20 pages long (50 per page) .. we have a 6 or 6 page list as it stands (rememebr you cant see everyone unless your an Admin)

anyways what i am getting at is, tonight i will be doing a site backup as precautionary measures, because i dont liek the fact that in 3 days the site was flooded like that.

Also, if you had an account that was accidentally removed in the process, please accept my appologies, and re-sign up. Then Email me and let me know i deleted it (or reply here) and i'll make sure it doesnt happen again.

here's a hint for newbies, dont put a website in your profile until after you are a verified member. I check all websites in the profiles to make sure there not spam, if they are that account is deleted... simple as that

anyways tonigth at around ... 9-10 o clock, i will shut the site down temporarily for a database backup.. this should take around 15-20 mins

thank you for your understanding
Last edited by Slayer on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:27 pm
little bit delayed.. backed up the site at 11:15 till 11:30 instead... all went well.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko