Planned Website Maintenence.

Archived Admin Announcements
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 pm
Hello All.. On Tuesday May 20th, I will haev the site down for a few hours for some work to be done.

I just did some work on anotehr site of mine, and was expecting 12-48 hours dowtime, and it took about 20 minutes lol, So im hoping that O6P will go as smootly
I COULD do it now and have it finished in no time, but if problems arise, then i'll have people wondering what went wrong, So here's Notice ;) I will be shuttign the site down for a couple hours, I expect the site to be back up and running by wednesday morning, however, I beleive i am obligated to say that it could be up to 48 hours.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT but thats what they say when switching DNS servers

Reason for Downtime : Moving Site back to Idolizedhosting
Expected Outtage : 12-48 hours (hopefully less)

every time i change DNS servers its never taken more than 6 hours for me, and as a bonus, we're not really moving the servers tooo far, sc2Sick and I both use the same servers, so its more of an internal change.. Kinda like movign the site from one folder to another on the same main server, then telling www.our6thplanet.com where to go and find the new site

lol what a way to put it eh

Again thanks to SC2 Sick for helping us out in our time of need, and if anyone needs hosting check out his site

www.tekonehosting.com , I will be putting a banner up int eh rotation (and restoring the banenr rotation) after the server is back up and runnign 100%
Last edited by Slayer on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue May 20, 2008 8:05 pm
was down for about 20 mins,
i turned the site back on, and will finish this overnight

coppertop_01
Crazy Saturn Mofo

by coppertop_01 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 pm
looks like everything went well...........thanks alot kenny

Jer

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue May 20, 2008 9:38 pm
Nothing has moved yet

Postponed until further notice, my server is un-responsive, and i just want to make sure its only temporary. Last thing i want to do is upload and transfer the site just to have it not respond to visitors
4 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko