Very Important Server Upgrade Information!!!!

Archived Admin Announcements
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:25 pm
Ok, UPdated Message! i had the site offline last night for a server transfer.

It appears there was no flaw, but the site may not be 100% transfered yet, i was told it could take up to 24 hours, and it has now been about 12-14 hours since teh transfer began.

I just re-checked my server, and it is still saying im on the old server, im not sure exactly what is going on, but i will get to the bottom if it..

IF the site seems to loose posts suddenly, it is because the transfer finished while this site was live, we shoudl only loose about 10-12 hours of posts (IF ANY)

i appologize for any problems that may come up, but i am workign hard to get the site running smoothly asap

IF you goto our6thplanet.com in the future, and it loads a weird white page, or takes you to IdolCreations.com please use the following URL to connect to the site TEMPORAILY

http://www.idolcreations.com/saturn
THIS IS ONLY IF THE Our6thplanet.com DOMAIN DOES NOT WORK
Last edited by Slayer on Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:56 pm
Hello, just an update! i contacted my tech support directly via phone, and they are re-doing the transfer today, i had the board closed for a couple hours just to save on data loss, but i decided to re-open the board, and take the risk, there is very little activity on t he boards on Mondays and tuesdays, so IF there is any data loss, it'll hopefulyl be only a couple hours... i backed up the data base today at 11:00am (jan 21st), so anythign posted before that time, is a guarenteed save.

thank you all again for your patience durring this transfer of servers

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 pm
Ok everyone, last night i attempted the transfer once again and all went well, we are now on the new server!

I made a post just before i transfered the DNS to the new server, and that post still exists, so i dont think we lost any data (if we did it was only a couple of hours)

If anyone notices any problems through out the site, please reply here, or PM me directly and let me know asap.

thank you

Also, Jon, can you please verify that your Email works for our6thplanet.com

rshackelferd
6th Planet Addict
by rshackelferd » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:17 pm
thanks 4 the hard work this site had been very helpful
4 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko