Ok, I am going to tell you how to paint your reflector on a S-series.
Firstly let me say, DO NOT PAINT THE SURFACES THAT ARE USED FOR REFLECTING LIGHT!!!! secondly, I am not responsible if you screw this up
Tools that you are going to need:
Can of paint
Menthal hydrate (surface cleaner, light lacquer thinner, but it won't melt plastic)
1. Remove the headlight unit from the car
2. Remove the bulbs from the unit, although you don't have to, I don't like the idea of putting a light bulb in a oven
3. Pre-heat the oven to 150-200 degrees f
4. Put the light unit in the oven for 10-15 min, keep a watchfull eye on it.
5. Remove the unit from the oven, use gloves.
6. Pull like HELL, use a screwdriver to pry apart the tabs.
7. Once apart, the reflector housingfor the headlight is seperate from the trim piece, but the turn signal refector isn't.
8. Mask off the area that the signal uses for light reflection.
9. Lightly sand the chrome area that you want to paint.
10. Clean the area with menthal hydrate.
11. Paint the unit.
12. Put the two halves back into the oven, warming it back up, for about 5-10 min
13. Re-assemble the units back together, push the two halves untill the tabs click together.
14. Re-install the bulbs, and install on the car.
Have fun with it......