Ok, I am going to tell you how to paint your reflector on a S-series.
Firstly let me say, DO NOT PAINT THE SURFACES THAT ARE USED FOR REFLECTING LIGHT!!!! secondly, I am not responsible if you screw this up
Tools that you are going to need:
10 mm ratchet with extension
Can of paint
Menthal hydrate (surface cleaner, light lacquer thinner, but it won't melt plastic)
1. With your 10mm ratchet remove the headlights
2. Remove the bulbs from the unit
3. Use the exacto knife and cut out the silicon between the lens and the reflector
4. Pull apart the lens and the reflector, this might take some time and patience, and prying. You will see a couple tabs inside the lens/reflector, pry at those locations, try not to break anything.
5. Once apart, don't touch the chrome, the oils in your hands can cause the chrome to peel, with time and heat.
6. Mask off all the areas that you don't want painted, IE: the areas you need for reflecting light.
7. Take the sandpaper, and lightly sand the area that your are going to paint.
8. Clean the area with menthal hydrate
9. Paint the reflector
10. When dry, put the lens back on the reflector, use the silicon to seal it back on.......use some tape to hold it while the silicon drys
Have fun with it......
Brandon, can you post some pics of yours?