Whats a guy gotta do?

A Place for Saturn Discussion
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 pm
I know I haven't been looking for very long, but searching as turned up with not very much. I'm trying to find a 96-98 SC2 5 speed. There is one in the creek with 200K and the whole point of looking for a newer car was so that I didn't have to do major rebuild work on it for two or three years. Pretty much a get in it and drive deal. I know I have all of these wonderful toys, but they do no good if the car is going to sit in a garage with the engine out getting worked on.

grrrr

If anyone has any info on something that is around what I am looking for I am open to suggestions. I even had a lady down on kenilworth who runs one of the thousand car lots try and look for one and she hasn't found anything yet. If being a dealer and not being able to find a car, how far out am I going to have to go? :(

Just got my license on Wednesday too :( and the bug is hitting hard now.

Should have probably posted this in off topic, but it has to do with a car lol

Thanks for reading my rant lol

Nick
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:19 pm
There is a silver 98 down on Kenilworth just north of Main St. on the east side of the road. He is asking a reasonable dealer price but a little steap at $2195. You could buy my 02 for 3500 and call it a day. It drives excellent and I take very good care of it. It already has some bolt on goodies.
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 pm
I know I'm a little out of the way from you but .. http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles ... Z206166991 was posted in the supershopper may 31st so maybe still available.
Some work done to it it would seem, needs a little work. Lots of options!
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 pm
Will have to look at the one on kenilworth soon. Also, what mods have you done to your car? Only thing I don't like about the last gen sc's is the self adjusting clutch and don't laugh... the front bumper lol But at this point I may have to consider it... Is it the light red with tinted windows?

Thanks Andrew too. I thought the 96's were the newer style sc's... guess that makes my search even narrower for what I am looking for. That and it has way to many k on it.

Thanks for the info guys!

Nick
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm
Mine is the Pearl Copper 2002 SC2, 5 spd. w/ Black interior and yes tinted window. Just passed 140 000 kms

List of mods;

Suspension and brakes

KYB GR2 Struts (done two weeks ago)
B&G 1.75" sport springs
Monroe Strut mounts (done two weeks ago)
EBC Ultimax slotted and dimpled rotors (done two weeks ago)
EBC Greenstuff Pads (done two weeks ago)
E-Bay Front Strut Bar

Engine and drivetrain

StreetDesignAuto (SDA) Ported Intake Manifold (done last spring)
SDA Port and Polished Throttle Body
OBX Stainless Header and Downpipe (back of header flange is ported for the AIR system to make it legit)
Thermal R&D Stainless cat-back exhaust (whole exhaust except the cat I put in to pass emissions were welded with stainless as well)
Magna-Flow high flow cat (not on car cause car wouldn't pass e-test with it but you can have it)
Apexi SAFCII (tucked away in the dash where only you can see it if you pull the tray out)
PLX M300 Digital Wideband o2 sensor
Fidanza Aluminum 8lb Flywheel (done last spring)
O.E.M. Genuine Saturn Clutch (done last spring)
All tranny and axle seals including rear main were done last spring as well
SDA dogbone engine and tranny mounts
K&N Warm Air Intake
Coppertop mild short shifter w. Ichibahn leather shifter

Wheels and Exterior

DAI Alloys Lightstars 11lb wheels in Satin Black
Kumho Ecsta AST 205/50/15 rubber
Forged Aluminum black Lugs and McGuard wheel locks
Limited Edition Black Saturn Emblems
Tinted Windows (lifetime warranty)
Tinted Tail lights and side markers

I.C.E.

Kenwood Excelon head unit with USB neatly tucked inside the centre console
Pioneer 6.5" 3 way co-ax speakers all around
2- 10" Pioneer Subs in custom box
Planet Audio Class D mono amp 600W RMS at 2 ohm stable
All connections are Audison w/ Scosche wiring

All parts have been done in the last two years. The car is well taken care of. Oil chnages done regularly with Royal Purple or ELF. Recently switched to Mobil 1. Always synthetic. Mobil 1 synthetic tranny fluid. I have four brand new Michelin snow tires for it on the stock wheels. The winters, wheels and stereo are not included in price unless you want to work out a final price for everything included. The car would be certifiable and e-test is valid until december. Ok so there are more than a few mods. I didnt realize how many until you asked and I was typing. I have everything to return the car back to stock including the exhaust and the flywheel which I would include in the price.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:55 pm
Very very interested. And a lot has been done that I like a lot too. I will PM you with a few more questions and a maybe a date that I can have a look at it.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:00 pm
Honestly i was going to sugest Jon's car, I know its not for sale, but hes always talking about getting somethign new... its a nice damned car, and i can vouch for all the mods, and maintanece.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 pm
Well, I am leaving the s-series cars guys ! :( But decided to stay with Saturns! Found a 2002 LW200 5 speed on kijiji. 117K loaded and it drives and sounds great!

Attachments

25264e1_20.jpeg
25264e1_20.jpeg (83.15 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
4956lml_20.jpeg
4956lml_20.jpeg (67.99 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 pm
No way! Im happy it is still a saturn, but not an s-series :(. Plans for the wagon?
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 pm
Looking for rims and tires right now. He has winters on it right now. I am going to have to open a for sale thread soon. Lots of stuff to go! Once I start selling that, I will look into some good kicks :P If anyone has some insight to a place that is good to deal with, let me know. I bought rims and tires when I was working at CT and I wish I could use them but wrong bolt pattern.

Already have a stereo for it too. Tinted windows. Oil coating and all fluids to be flushed and changed for synthetic where I can. Will have to talk to Kenny about any performance parts if I decide to go that way if they are available. 2.2L has a lot of options with the cavs and ions, I don't see why stuff from them shouldn't fit.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:16 pm
usually if the parts dont fit, it takes VERY little work to get them fitted. and i usually have the tools around to get the job done.

ill have to check out cardomain and see what L series look like modified, cause honestly i dont think ive ever seen one.

But i anticipate the for sale section getting full soon hahaha.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:17 pm
Yah, I can't see there being too much work to get some stuff to fit. Don't want to go crazy, but certainly the basics would be nice.

And yes, I was thinking about what I have for the s-series and it's not like I have a lot, but there are a lot of rare hard to get type things. Have a lot of sensors, two full blocks with SOHC heads, poly mount kit, 17.5mm sway bar, front/rear tower bars, AMR's, brand new tires and rims, new front/rear disc brakes, two sets of ABS axles, one set non abs... the works.Going to have a field day stripping the other car. Also have a rebuilt MP2 with under 10K on it if anyone is looking for one too.

I will take pictures of and catalog everything. But before I get rid of anything I want the ownership and car in my hands and in my driveway lol
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:20 pm
There are 2 or 3 L series wagons in the wreckers near me if you need anything. And am waiting for your forsale thread lol, I see a few goodies I may get from ya.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:19 pm
is the L a auto or manual?
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:40 pm
5 speed buddy! I was bound and bent to get a stick again. Even though the L series trannis work great, I still wanted a std. From what the boys on shpere are saying it's rare finding a LW200 in a 5 spd.

A friend of mine stopped by just a few minutes ago and I told him what I got... the first thing out of his mouth was, what kinda of stereo are you putting in it. We just spent 30 minutes drawing out ideas. Shes gonna be bumpin :)
17 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko