Machine Shops

A Place for Saturn Discussion
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 pm
Anyone know of any decent machine shops around the Hamilton area? I know there is Northern Performance down on Parkdale, but I am sure they are expensive. Probably just looking to get bigger pistons, milling the block and head for flatness and MAYBE different valves if I think I want to put that kind of money in. suggestions?

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am
Uhm... Northern has a machine shop?

on arvin ave by my work ther eis Hamilton head and block (i think its Hamilton) its on arvin between Millen and Dewitt on the ODD numbers side (north side)

i dont know what ther elike, i just saw them the other day.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 am
Head and block, the company Taylor Steel that is the big buildings behind it.. that's where I start my new job too. They are expensive I have heard. My dad used to get northern to build engines for him years ago... maybe they are out of it?

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:23 am
There are a couple of places in and around Hamilton...

Wildgoose Performance is in Hamilton/Stoney Creek area
Weir Technologies in Burlington
and the best place that I have seen stuff done from is @ Car Quest on Industrial Road in Burlington. The old man that does it there has been doing it for over 25 years and know what the hell he is talking about. He is very honest and will tell you if it is not worth doing something because of too much damage or cost wise if it makes sense to do it yourself and he will even tell you how to do things yourself. Last time I checked he was extremely reasonably priced. Cross your fingers he is still there.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko