Ion 2.2 GMPP exhaust question

A Place for Saturn Discussion
10 posts Page 1 of 1
3whiterag

by 3whiterag » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 pm
Hello All.

My son has a 2005 Saturn Ion 2.2 Litre and wants a performance exhaust., He is curious as to whether or not the GMPP performance cat back will bolt right up.(part number 17802111) It is meant for cobalts, but if I am not mistaken are the Cobalts and the Ion not on the same chassis? If so, does he need to change the Manifold and downpipe also due to different pipe diameters. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Also has any one done this ?

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:26 pm
yes it will bolt up exacly to the ion. only downside is the cobalt is 2-3inchs shorter then the ion. so the muffler section will have to be increased in length. back when i had my redline i bought a magnaflow exhaust for dirt cheap off a cobalt guy and it was a couple inches to short.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:04 pm
If interested I can get a Monza (made by Pacesetter) cat back for the Ion for $380 CAD (+$80 Shipping)

This is a drop shipped price to your door from my wholesaler.

However, I can also get a local price this weekend from a closer supplier.

Does your son Have Specific Brand in mind?

This is of course assuming he wants the tail pipe to sit flush with his bumper, not behind it.

I see you are located in St Kitts, my local wholesaler happens to be in Niagara Region, so Shipping would not be required, i would be able to just drop it off on my way home.

If interested you can Email me directly, or call me

slayer@idolcreations.com
PM me for my phone number.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 pm
photo of the Monza / pace setter

Im not sure if the ION 2.2 and the redline have the same cat back, but i have a magnaflow listing for the redline... magnaflow is usually really good with part numbers, so if it fit both they would usually state that up front. (probably a piping diamiter difference) can anyone confirm?

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:35 pm
yah the 2.2 magnaflow is a 2.25 i believe as the 2.4 and redline are 2.5 and optional 3.0inch i believe. my redline had the 2.5inch i honestly doubt it will make a difference from the 2.5 to 2.25 considering the gmpp exhaust is 2.25 for the redline/slowbalts.

3whiterag

by 3whiterag » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:35 pm
He is looking more at the GMPP because it gives the sound he wants. He doesnt want anything too "ricey" wants something a little throatier that doesnt make a lot of high pitched noise. Does anyone also know any header and downpipes that are cheap? for the 2.2 or course.

Thanks guys!

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:43 pm
cheap header and downpipe for a 2.2 eco is to get a cobalt ss/sc or a redline header aka manafold and downpipe stock one they are a hell of alot bigger then the 2.2 and flow alot better. and they are cheap and it fits oem

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm
Ion 2.2L Ecotec Pace setter headers

Pacesetter ArmorCoat Headers
Manufactured using mandrel-bent, mild steel tubing and surface-ground, thick steel flanges, PaceSetter Headers come with ArmorCoat, a polished, 2000 Degree F, metallic-ceramic coating. Each header undergoes an extensive preparation phase followed by two applications of the coating and a high-temp curing process. The ArmorCoat won't discolor like paint, chrome or dull finish coating, reduces underhood temperatures, resists rust and corrosion and is easy to keep clean. All PaceSetter Headers come with hardware, gaskets and illustrated instructions and are backed by a three-year warranty. Header bolts not included.

With Armour Coating
$480 Shipped

Pacesetter Headers
Manufactured using mandrel-bent, mild steel tubing and surface-ground, thick steel flanges with standard black painted finish. All PaceSetter Headers come with hardware, gaskets and illustrated instructions and are backed by a three-year warranty. Header bolts not included.

Without Armour coating
$325 Shipped

3whiterag

by 3whiterag » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 am
Sorry, been real busy! I will let him know! Thanks everyone, (Slayer) for the info! Much appreciated.

artsar
6th Planet Addict

by artsar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:20 am
if he just has the 2.2, he could do what I did, when rear-vue got the magnaflow for his redline I got the redline exhaust from him.

Heres a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18oZfpfsDQ

I have since cut the muffler off to make room for my new suspension. I need a new muffler now.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko