No more Saturn in Canada.

A Place for Saturn Discussion
6 posts Page 1 of 1
92SL1Mann
by 92SL1Mann » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:42 am
Not sure if this is common knowledge here or not, but I just stumbled over this in the Star...

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/689074

Seems like all the parts will be transferred to a GM dealership. Not a huge deal, I find myself at the dealership maybe once a year...usually for some jerk dealer only part...but still. On the plus side, maybe there will be better customer service than was at the Saturn of London dealer...

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:10 pm
There were a few here that tried that and after getting terrible reviews, they switched back to parts and service at the Saturn dealerships.

92SL1Mann
by 92SL1Mann » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:17 am
Well apparently (info on other sat forums) penske did not buy any canadian operations. One guy is claiming in montreal you can have your astra rebadged for free, and that opel (bought by magna) will scoop up saturn dealerships.

here's one article. . .

"Earlier today Stew Low, a spokesman for General Motors, officially announced what had been expected for some time: Saturn will cease its operations in Canada on or before December 31, 2009. According to Low, the decision to shutdown operations was jointly made by General Motors and Penske officials after thoroughly analyzing the brand's Canadian business model.

Saturns are distributed and sold differently in Canada than in the United States. While stores are standalone entities in the U.S., Canadian franchises have always been paired with two other GM-affiliated manufacturers: Isuzu and Saab. Isuzu stopped selling vehicles in Canada earlier this decade; Saab just recently announced its plans to pull of the country as well. Penske likely determined it would be too risky and expensive to operate in Canada on its own.

Automotive News reports that GM informed the brand's 46 Canadian retailers of its decision last week. One store already posted a sign informing customers of the news:

Public notice: General Motors has advised us this week that there will no longer be a Saturn division in Canada. Proposed final closing date as announced by GM will be December 31 or earlier for dealers.

Saturn car owners in Canada will still be able to get their cars serviced after their local stores close. Saturn's customer service, parts, and warranty operations will transfer to other General Motor dealerships."

Source: Automotive News

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm
I can see it happening however the only problem with what you are saying is that the sale of Opel to Magna is not even close to being done as well as the deal between Penske and GM. Neither one has been completed yet although the Penske/Saturn deal is alot closer to being done than the other one. It doesnt affect those of us who buy our parts from american retailers for a whole lot better price anyways. :wink:

niteshooter

by niteshooter » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am
I got a letter from GM telling us that they were going to close all Saturn dealerships between now and the end of the year in Canada and that parts and service will be through GM dealers. Guess that dandy except the GM dealer has already closed....

Was talking to the Saturn parts guy, I ordered some spare dashboard lamps and got 2 out of 6 as they are no longer available even from the US. Guess you guys hitting the wreckers should stock up....and if you have some spares please let me know!

One part he suggested was that failure prone stock muffler strap granted it's really expenisve from the dealer.

Kevin

92SL1Mann
by 92SL1Mann » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 am
So this only further confirms what I was saying. There is however, one exception - the saturn of london has already announced that it will continue to stay open for warranty, service and parts. I guess they'll just sell their current inventory and turn into a used lot once the saturns stop coming.

As for your dash lights...those are the tiny wedge bulbs? T5 leds are all over ebay..if you're in need.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko