Might have finally scored the deal I have been waiting for..

A Place for Saturn Discussion
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm
Found a 93 SL2 for sale with a rebuilt motor and head that has 20K on it. New tires/exhaust for 400 bucks. Going to go see it tomorrow and here it run and take it for a test drive. All works out will be doing a transplant into my 93 and ditch that TBI SOHC thing... If this works out it will have been the best 400 bucks and 40 HP ever done to the car. Not to mention the MP3 tranni.

Anyone have a motor hoist? lol

Nick

And if this goes through, the tan leather interior will be up for sale too.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm
i have a hoist ;)

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:48 pm
Fuck that. Dumb fuck tried to sell me this car. I wouldn't give it away to anyone. There was so much top end lifter noise on the car, I couldn't even tell how the bottom end was.

First off getting there the car looked is worse shape than the pictures. Some ghetto farm. Opened the hood and he started it before I could look anything over and it startled me when he turned it over. Sounded like a cummins diesel in the winter time. It wasn't knocking something was seriously wrong with the valve train. Exhaust might have been new 5 years ago too. Leather interior was all cut to shit. Rats/mice made a nest and chewed up some of the wires. And just after he started it I pulled the oil fill cap off, and there was so much blow by it was spitting out all over the engine bay.

Took it for a quick ride on the bumpiest road on his property, so right there I couldn't hear a damn thing. Shifter felt like I was wrestling a snake. So bad that when I tried to take third it went to first (thank god I don't take my foot of the clutch right away after it's depressed) Had some balls, but couldn't get any faster than 40 km/h. After 5 minutes of driving let it ride first gear down a steep hill to see how much compression was there. Seemed to be tight on the bottom. However, let it sit for 2 minutes after popping the hood. The temp gauge was nearly 3/4 up after 7 minutes of running! And there were no hard pulls at all! After trying to talk to him and finding out what was exactly done, I said no deal. Then the asshole tried to sell it to me for scrap price! Needless to say it was "let's get the fuck out of here" I was with my dad for a second opinion, which I sure as hell didn't need.

Oh and the oil was about 3/16th over filled.

That's my story and a waste of and hour and a half.

PS Tell me what it's worth to you for borrowing your hoist. I'm pulling the SOHC and going to get it done. It sounds like a brand new motor compared to that piece of shit I just drove. That and I know more about that motors history and it's maintenance records. I KNOW that motor is fine, just needs some tightening.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 pm
i dunno, how long would you need it for? I have to get my otehr motor in, after that it's not schedules for use until winter time (maybe spring)

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 pm
I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm using my friends garage for this and it's a mess right now. Plus I need to talk to my mechanic to see what he'll quote me to get the head done. I will shot you a PM when I start to get some more info : )

Thanks!!

Nick

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm
ok, no problem,
I wll be starting mine this weekend, and hopefulyl have it back in by the end of the weekend

depending on clutch condition, and availability

P.S. your decals were delivered tonight at about 8:45pm (tuesday sept 1)

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 pm
YES! Thank you! My mom didn't show me until after I posted a reply earlier.

They look killer! Hope to get my ride going and get them posted up. Still wondering where to put them as I have never used decals/stickers on a car before. But I am definitely stoked!

Thanks for the quick delivery : )

Also, my rebuild doesn't need to be done ASAP. What ever is convent for you. By certainly within the next month I will be looking to pull it assuming I have my friends garage to work in.

Thanks again!

Nick

PS Sorry I missed the phone call, had my phone on vibrate while I was out. Tried calling back, didn't know who it was LOL

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm
lol no probs, i couldnt see the number on the house, i guessed cause theres 3 saturns there

once i get my engine chanegd out, I know Viperssaturn will probably be looking to use it as well, although i don't know exactly when we'll have to change his engine (actually purplerain's) but if you have the new motor ready to go, you should be able to do it in a weekend, or at least 2 weekends and a week

just ask again when the time gets closer, cause i'll forget

PurpleRain
6th Planet Addict
by PurpleRain » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:41 pm
Slayer wrote:lol no probs, i couldnt see the number on the house, i guessed cause theres 3 saturns there

once i get my engine chanegd out, I know Viperssaturn will probably be looking to use it as well, although i don't know exactly when we'll have to change his engine (actually purplerain's) but if you have the new motor ready to go, you should be able to do it in a weekend, or at least 2 weekends and a week

just ask again when the time gets closer, cause i'll forget

UUmmmm... I think right now the plan is to just change my sensor, and then cross my fingers, and hope it gets me through the winter, and then work on my engine after the wedding.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 pm
Bought a used motor from Dominion Auto today. 144k 6mth/6k warranty for 450. Should be receiving it sometime the middle of next week. Let me know how your swap goes this weekend : )

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 pm
they were $400 from bodyline, but i dont know millage, also they dont have asmany as dominion would have access to, so you basically get what they have in yard.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
I got my last one from Standard.. 400 plus tax with 89k. Up here sohc =1000$ and dohc =1400 with 150-200k on them! But I stumbled across this and laughed http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... Z153544778 .. good running field car? Poor sc2. Too bad its a horrible 92.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:57 am
andrew88 wrote:I got my last one from Standard.. 400 plus tax with 89k. Up here sohc =1000$ and dohc =1400 with 150-200k on them! But I stumbled across this and laughed http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... Z153544778 .. good running field car? Poor sc2. Too bad its a horrible 92.

lol scrap value on a saturn? pretty much nothing with 200k on it, not even worth it for parts, unless you need it for body panels

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm
Slayer wrote:they were $400 from bodyline, but i dont know millage, also they dont have asmany as dominion would have access to, so you basically get what they have in yard.

This one, believe it or not, was shipped from Wisconsin... LOL I was referred to there and finally said fuck it. Was pissed off with a car I went to look at to do a DOHC swap with and the head was ready to rattle it self apart... so it's staying in stock trim until I can get a better job. SO hopefully next year I can start screwing around with it and get those sweet parts I bought of a Jer on it.

PurpleRain
6th Planet Addict
by PurpleRain » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 pm
andrew88 wrote: .. good running field car?

Yes..... country people keep cars to drive around in their fields....
16 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko