Saturn Sc2 Vs. Honda Civic

A Place for Saturn Discussion
16 posts Page 1 of 2
GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 pm
been awhile since I have been on this board since I sold my 96 saturn Sc 1 for a 89 chevy 4x4 lol(big mistake). Anyways as of owning the truck for only four months I came to realize I miss the low to the ground feel I got from my saturn plus the decent corning it had with corba tires on it. As that came I decided two weeks ago on buying another saturn and now am going to go pick up my very own 2002 Sc2 (lol I had always hoped to own one since I saw my buddies, steve's, lol sad dream I know). Anyways I was bent on getting another saturn because mine being in bad conidition still treated me amazing but I live with a bunch of people who are honda crazy and when I told them I was looking at buying a vehicle they instanly tried turning me to buying a honda civic but when I mentioned I was buying a saturn again they told me I would have nothing but great deals of pain. The most common heard expression I get is " not many people drive them for a reason" which makes me laugh. But now I kind of wanna bring alittle defence on my side besides me lol.. So people, basic honda civic or the 2002 saturn SC2 I pretty much bought already? Thanks for the time and HI KENNY!!! lol sorry I havent kept in touch from london, been crazy here. drop me an email or something sometime lol, or visit steve and make sure I know about it hahaha. Anyways I cant wait to read peoples opinions, later

G~H~O~S~T
"to own something everyone has and to stand out is breath taking, but to own something no one has and making it look sexy is an orgasm ;)"

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 pm
it should go down to your needs vs wants. how much $$ you want to spend, how much is the civic how many km what options are on the civic, insurance vs the year, km , option, insurance cost of the saturn. both are 4 bangers both are pretty easy to work on the civic will be more expnesive to fix, the mainternance requires more attention ( timing belt)
Civic does have a way bigger aftermarket and they can make huuuge power with a turbo, or able to do an engine swap alot of option if your looking for speed and power.

personally if i was looking for a DD i would snag a 2002 sc2 5spd find one with the traction control abs tint the windows, redo the audio (speakers deck, subs if you dont mind losing some trunk space) intake, header, tb, strut bar. maybe throw on some 17's eibach for dd comfort or keep suspension stock. Do the mainternance as well first thing i do when i get a new car is change the plugs, wires, test the coils, new fuel filter, check coolant condition, change the oil, run a couple tanks of shell 91 octaine to help clean it out. Then just run regular afterwards and just throw in shell once every couple months.

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:32 pm
You should buy my 2002 SC2, 5spd. You saw it at the J-Body bash last year. Looks like Steve's but better :P And it has all the stuff Mike mentioned plus some that I would include for my asking price. PM me if you want to know more. Car has 117 000 kms and a long list of stuff done to it.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm
ya Jons (viperssaturn's) car is really nice, tastfully modified, and honestly a pretty good asking price.

but like Mike said (rear-vue) it's up to what you want / need, and can afford.

but i woudln't buy an automatic, you'll get bored easily and want the 5 speed. the auto from what i've felt robs alot of the power.

dazz
6th Planet Addict

by dazz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:10 pm
i'll sell you my car... :)

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:21 pm
lol sorry Viper, but I Already got my loan and just need to go to barrie and pick it up lol, and yeah I remember your car, was sickk. And yeah I cant buy auto just doesnt feel right in a sports car. But thats the thing, I can afford the saturn and I know alot more on saturns then honda, and also there are so many hondas floating around why would I want to be part of that? Even with honda's market being so populated and massive in size I find when looking for saturn parts, companies are more detailed into them because of the size of its market compared to others. Then alos when it comes to what I hear and seen, it seems like the Sc2 holds more power stock then any civic (besides the s.i.r) and I like the fact it actually sits(stock) lower to the ground then a civic (well dont know if thats true but it sure feels like it handles better then a civic). I also do want something which is tuneable but I also like the fact of how little money makes them handle truely well compared to other cars. In reality it just comes down to my preference but I like pissing off the room mates by smashing the civic's lol. Sorry Viper I should have mentioned before I already bought the saturn.

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:30 pm
No worries buddy. Good luck with the car. BTW, if you need any aftermarket parts, PM me and ask away cause I may return my car to stock so I'd be willing to trade stock parts and cash for my aftermarket parts.

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Wicked, I will deff keep that in mind, lol mind the long ass hike up there to get them hahaha. You had the bronze headers right? and I dont remember but a cat back aftermarket exhaust system or just the headers? I also remember the chrome "cannon" you had on the back lol. I wont be doing anything right away, after winter im going to try and buy rims and tires. Then I was thinking lip kit but I might just save up and get a lowering set up (say drop about an inch and a half, something reasonable and with a lip kit I know it will be to low for myself and the town I live in). Those are my over all first steps, oh plus subs and amp again...gotta have the boom boom :)

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 pm
Full exhaust from header back all stainless including welds and hangers. :wink:

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:33 pm
eeep :)... im in love lol. Hopefully This sunday ill be getting to drive it from innisfil (I believe thats how you spell it) to brockville...be quite the first cruise for her lol.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:58 pm
viperssaturn wrote:Full exhaust from header back all stainless including welds and hangers. :wink:

That's a hell of an exhaust!!! also i beleifve its all bolted together roght jon? they welded connectors on?

makes it an easier install

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm
You are correct sir! By the time I was done installing it, it cost me about $1100.

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:48 pm
lol yea yea, ill own one some day *little bit of hope and dream*. I dont know thou, im thinking about doing exhaust and lowering springs but I almost got to think about driving it during winter so im not to sure how thats going to fair out is my other concern. mind you stainless steel also fairs out better then stock lol.

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 pm
SWEEET!!! so I did end up buying that saturn I was looking at and drove it from just south of barrie to brockville ontario ETA 4 hour drive. So getting back into a little sport car like it after driving my chevy truck was beautiful... :) im now a fan of curves. Anyways it does have the traction control button which is a bonus if I decide to burn off alittle steam. Other then the front bumper and rear bumper the car is beautiful I will have to upload photo's tommorrow but I was out driving it all today 8) nothing like the new car feeling lol.

GHOSTRYDER
6th Planet Addict

by GHOSTRYDER » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:56 pm

There we go, finally decided to get some photos of the new saturn I bought on the website. So re cap, This cost me 3800 safetied and E-tested and its a 2002 saturn sc2, five speed, Has the switch for the traction control....so yeah lol. [/img]
16 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko