Progress Sport Springs: Now In Production!

A Place for Saturn Discussion
49 posts Page 1 of 4
GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm
That's right folks: Progress Sport Springs in ~1.8 inches front and rear for S-Series rides. Talked to the rep at Progress and he says that they need a minimum of 30 orders to make these again. It will only take about 4 weeks to get these done...so save those tax return checks! If you are interested, post your name and I will add it to the list over on Sixth Sphere. Once we get to 30, I will request that those interested PayPal half or more of the cost of the kit to me. This is needed to get things rolling...they will NOT start producing these without half of the cost. Once they are done, I will then request the other half of the cost plus shipping. As soon are they are delivered to me, I will inspect each box and reverify shipping addresses for everyone. Once that is complete, I will begin shipping out the kits...NO WAITING!!! If you are local, we can meet up somewhere safe(hahaha) for delivery. Almost forgot, the price of the kits will be about $250 SHIPPED. If I can knock that down, I will adjust it, otherwise let's go with that as a starting point. That's going off of a ballpark for everything as well as shipping to you guys. I hope this sounds good. I will keep a list here of people who are interested and add those names to SS. To see the original thread, you have to check over on SS in the Buy-In section and look for the thread with the same name as this one.

Progress Sport Springs Buy-In:
Currently there are 7 people interested as of 2/9/09 on 6th
1. GyrlSpeedRT
2. ProjectSL2
3. sc2projekt97
4. Steffee2
5. revcyanide
6. bluesl2
7. 96grnsl2
8. Xyla95
9. Special Forces
10. Kustom_2001_SC1
11. anti-rice 01sl2
12. SpecterCoupe93
13. duckhuntr06
14. adamkob32
15. geod919
16. ccbenz
17. punkboySL2
18. 01SIlverSc2 (SF)
19. SL1/2
20. madeinUSA
21. ExHempKnight
22. jcasekim (SF)
23. project_sl-2
24. grnsl2dude
25. noanoxan
26. hein
27. bsgaggero

Edit: Price dropped from $275 shipped to $250 shipped on 2/7/09
Last edited by GyrlSpeedRT on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm
Sorry i have to interupt this post because this seems like it could be a scam

your saying that they will make the springs again if you get 40 people? then why can the manufacturer not collect the money? why does it have to be someone who just registered on the board with 3 posts? Personally i woudlnt trust you with my money. Maybe you have a reputation on sixthspere? then you should only be posting this over there.

for all O6P members, Buyer BEWARE!

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm
Slayer wrote:Sorry i have to interupt this post because this seems like it could be a scam

your saying that they will make the springs again if you get 40 people? then why can the manufacturer not collect the money? why does it have to be someone who just registered on the board with 3 posts? Personally i woudlnt trust you with my money. Maybe you have a reputation on sixthspere? then you should only be posting this over there.

for all O6P members, Buyer BEWARE!

Scam? Excuse me? They neeed 30 people because they have to remanufacture these springs. And just in case you didn't notice, they haven't made those springs since how long? First of all, I am a REAL business. Second, the guys over on SixthSphere can vouch for me. Next, read the entire post. To get started they need half as a deposit. Since I'm doing the buy-in, I am responsible for collecting the money. I doubt if Progress wants 30 people calling them about springs. For anyone that is really interested, please post here or check on SixthSphere, SaturnFans and SaturnSpot and see the same thing posted.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 pm
first off if you have been on this site at all you would know that i do not own a saturn, and do not really care what parts are available for them. I am here to run thsi site, and make sure my members do not get scammed. Alls i said was Buyer beware, I did not delete the topic, lock it or anything, continue with your group buy, but i hope poeple will at least check you out on the otehr boards to make sure your legit. think of it the otehr way around... would you want to give someone 50% of a product price then find out they were only here to scam?

we have limitations on the classifieds section for just this reason, someone signs up and immidiatly starts to post stuff for sale / trying to make money. (yes i know you didnt just sign up) but when you posted this there was only 3 posts on your account.

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:13 pm
Slayer wrote:first off if you have been on this site at all you would know that i do not own a saturn, and do not really care what parts are available for them. I am here to run thsi site, and make sure my members do not get scammed. Alls i said was Buyer beware, I did not delete the topic, lock it or anything, continue with your group buy, but i hope poeple will at least check you out on the otehr boards to make sure your legit. think of it the otehr way around... would you want to give someone 50% of a product price then find out they were only here to scam?

we have limitations on the classifieds section for just this reason, someone signs up and immidiatly starts to post stuff for sale / trying to make money. (yes i know you didnt just sign up) but when you posted this there was only 3 posts on your account.

But if you say buyer beware, what do you think that would do to a buy-in? Actually, I registered here a long time ago but never really post. I decided to because there may be people interested in the buy in. Why on Earth would I give all these details as well as post my business website with all my contact info if I was here to scam? I put all the info and I would hope people actually verify it. I would not give anyone any money without checking them out and seeing where they're coming from. And in the first post is says the original post is over on SixthSphere which is where everything originated.

Note: I am not here to scam, only to allow those interested to get in on this buy-in. If you are interested, great, if not, great. If you are unsure, you can contact me in AIM at: GyrlSpeed or check out my REAL website at: www.gyrlspeedracingteam.com or email me at admin@gyrlspeedracingteam.com

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 pm
GyrlSpeedRT wrote:Why on Earth would I give all these details as well as post my business website with all my contact info if I was here to scam?

you never posted that info till this last post!?

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:48 pm
Slayer wrote:
GyrlSpeedRT wrote:Why on Earth would I give all these details as well as post my business website with all my contact info if I was here to scam?

you never posted that info till this last post!?

Meaning my website with all my info...

slammedsl1
6th Planet Addict

by slammedsl1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:11 am
I can vouch for her

Come on Grly, what did you expect haha

Let's all settle down, this is a sweeeet deal!

I have AMR's for my car now so I won't be part of this

smurfdude50
6th Planet Addict
by smurfdude50 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:18 am
I already have lowering springs but I'm asking this in case it comes up, where will the springs be sent from? Only ask cuz of broker charges and all the customs crap that canadians will have to deal with.

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 am
slammedsl1 wrote:I can vouch for her
Come on Grly, what did you expect haha
Let's all settle down, this is a sweeeet deal!
I have AMR's for my car now so I won't be part of this

Thanks slammed 8), you're right.

smurfdude50 wrote:I already have lowering springs but I'm asking this in case it comes up, where will the springs be sent from? Only ask cuz of broker charges and all the customs crap that canadians will have to deal with.

They'll be coming from PA. I haven't sent anything to Canada before, but I'd work with those who have to deal with those charges...

inflames625
6th Planet Addict
by inflames625 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm
I live in PA....where at? And if you can knock the price down considerably i would consider.. lol but I'm waiting for a loan process right now for the expression series lip kit..i think ill wait to see where my car sits with that on before I jump on lowering it lol

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 am
You still need to lower it. They look terible sitting at stock height. :wink:

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 pm
inflames625 wrote:I live in PA....where at? And if you can knock the price down considerably i would consider.. lol but I'm waiting for a loan process right now for the expression series lip kit..i think ill wait to see where my car sits with that on before I jump on lowering it lol

I'm in Philly. As of right now, that's what they are at...as I said, if I can knock that down, I definitely will. Once we get closer to the 30 needed, I'll be able to get a little "clearer" quote.

And like viper said, still lower it 8)

GyrlSpeedRT

by GyrlSpeedRT » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:11 am
I'm going to knock these down to $250 shipped. As you know, shipping is $35-$40 bucks of that. So everyone's paying about $210-$215 per set...

JRSTANGE
by JRSTANGE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 pm
i can vouch for her.
49 posts Page 1 of 4
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko