Door web

Autocross, Drag Racing, Road & Track, and general Tuning.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
pn2r
6th Planet Addict

by pn2r » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:44 pm
in the quarter mile...which will play more factor....

aero dynamics or lesser weight?

asking...coz

if aerodynamics won't play factor till i hit 70-80 which is closer to the finish...i might the loose weight with the door windows...

rudy...is this legal for the tracks?

Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:12 am
I dunno if it's track legal, but if an open window starts to make a difference at even 100km for fuel mileage, then I definetely wouldn't run it over a window.
It'll kill a satty on the top end, just where we need the power the most.

You can change the windows to lexan, but thats illegal for the street.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 pm
i was told to roll up my windows at the track, and close my sunroof, im assuming it was a saftey thing... every car i see always has windows (stock or lexan)

im still not sure what im doing with my door windows, having no frame to rivit lexan to Will possably do as jer said and faba frame, but that wil still suck :(

Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:28 pm
Yes this is true, they always want your window up at the track, probably to give the car more structual support incase you roll it. And to keep tire smoke from coming into the cabin ;)

google for the NHRA rules book.

sc2_projekt_97
6th Planet Addict

by sc2_projekt_97 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:21 am
this may be a really late post...but at 40mph a car with both windows rolled completely down will create enough drag to reduce gas milage by about 1 mpg. thinking logically..the higher the rate of speed the more drag that your cars cabin will create. think of your car interior as a parachute... with your windows open, air comes rushing in, however since there is a back window there is no where for it to be let out. you car is slowing itself down. so when you want more speed and mpg do whatever it take to reduce drag
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko