phpBB Garage?

Site Comments and Suggestions are to be posted here
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:24 pm
phpBB Garage?

Hey all, sinc ei think the Garage on idolcreations.com is a great asset to any automotive forum, plus i beta test the code i was wondering if anyone would be interested ina scaled down version of the garage being installed here. It all falls to the MODS btw, since they run the site, i just maintain it ;) (MODS feel free to NOT post ehre and tell me in PM or the mod section)

Now, by scaled down i mean that i would allow a few pictures to be uploaded to the site, but all the other pictures would be hosted off site (of course i would wright up a little how to, so people can know exactly how to link to off site pictures) either via cardomain, imageshack, or even their Garage over at Idol Creations, what it woudl do is, simply link to a URL of their picture elsewhere thus savign my space and bandwidth i have set aside for our6thplanet.com...

I perosnally would really really really liek to see it instaleld here, but my main concern is having poeple confused about how it works offsite

anotehr reason i would liek to try this is because... as mentioned i beta test the code so i need more test subjects, AND i am really into the tech site and we need a proper how to for posting images, so i'll use this site as a guinie pig..

P.S. Any Mods that say No, i'll try to convince them ;)

P.P.S. ... dont knwo that the hell im talkign about?? go here to check out my Garage, or visit http://www.idolcreations.com/messageboard/garage.php

of course there are a couple small bugs in the idolcreations version (its Alpha code) but the project is really close to the next release being stable, and will not have bugs (hence why i havent just instaleld it already

let me know and convince any sceptics out there
Last edited by Slayer on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

gord888

by gord888 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm
looks pretty cool... it would probably be confusing to most people as to how to link pictures from other sites. If you can place limits to filesize, or automatically scale down the uploaded pictures it shouldn't take up too much room per user. How much space did you alot for this site?

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:59 pm
forgot about this post lol

Actually there is no space restrictions on this site for one main reason,, I maintain it.. IF i were to give full admin to the mods here, i would put a filesize cap on there,

this site was thrown up in a couple hours one day, so no major stuff was a concern... but i dont want all my main sites bandwidth and storage space taken up, hence the scaled version.. Its actually NOT hard to link to an image elsewhere, you just enter the URL in the feild provided.

anyways this IS going to be a feature on this site in the near future, I will probably be installing it and setting it up on the weekend

3 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko