WTB kyb g2 for front

General Wanted to by
16 posts Page 1 of 2
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 pm
So curious If anybody has one or a pair of kybs for the front they want to sell? Or knows a shop that has them in stock for saturns..
Deadline monday night to get my car back together.
Thanks!
-Andrew

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 pm
Also in the process of looking for Gr-2's all around. Any in site on where is the best place that would be great.

I have no deadline, probably in a few weeks time I will be looking to purchase.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:40 pm
as soon as my wholesaler calls be back, i will be getting a quote on these (today) but i dunno if they are in stock for monday deadline

however, i know tire rack sells them, you just have to pay duty and shipping

and taxes obviously, but you have to pay taxes everywhere really.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm
I can get the front for $110 each 1 day delivery time

the rears are $105, not in stock (special order) 2-3 week delivery

However, this is my local source, If someone really wants the rears, i have a few online places that should have them in stock (prices may vary with this route)

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 pm
110 a peice yikes.. curious to see what a package price is for them since...

GyrlSpeedRT wrote:
viperssaturn wrote:Still waiting for word on that great price for the KYB's!!! :wink:

Oh, it's $200 shipped for the full set of struts, $165 shipped for the full set of mounts and $365 shipped for the full set of struts and mounts. I realize that most of you guys are in Canada and there are extra fees. I will work with you on that so you're not paying out the wazoo.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:18 pm
ive come to realize that my local wholesaler is kind of shitty.. to bad cause there a bigass company here too, i dont wanna give their name cause well. im kinda angry at them, i dont think they are giving me any wholesale discount, justgiving me the same prices as if i were to goto the manufacturer myself. Only benifit they have over me is they are big, and have access to those manufacturers that dont sell to the public, or small companies

anyways, thast a good deal, and SHOULD be what they cost, i can get them dirt cheap myself, but shipping to canada makes it come right back up to the same type of prices...

ask GyrlSpeedRT what they cost to ship to Canada, because i highly doubt you will get them for $200 shipped to Canada, but then again, lower prices are the benifits of a group buy, hopefully that groupbuy isnt over, and you can still get a deal, and can wait for shipping, cause you wont have them monday

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 pm
It sucks they are not giving you the deal you should be getting. But 110 for one is hard for me to do when 200 plus tax and shipping and crap I can have a whole new set. So I guess I will limp it along.
I may replace all 4 ,so I have warranty, when I do my next swap so let us know if you find a better deal on them!

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:17 am
andrew88 wrote: let us know if you find a better deal on them!

I contacted KYB Directly, but most manufacturers don't like to help out the little guys, and mainly deal with warehouses and distros

i'll wait to see what they say.

I found some cheaper, but after shipping to canada it brings it right back up to the same price, then they make me pay taxes ontop of that... which in turn i have to charge taxes to the end user, its not worth it int eh long run trying to include taxes in prices and still make a profit. I emailed them about my tax expemtion, and again, waiting on a reply.. (the joys of looking for parts at midnight on a weekend i guess hahahaha) can't just pick up the phone and ask.

this second company offers free shipping in canada (7 days shipping) or for a small fee (like $20) 2-3 day, and $24 overnight, so shipping is nicely priced, but the tax thing kills the price

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:09 am
andrew88 wrote:It sucks they are not giving you the deal you should be getting. But 110 for one is hard for me to do when 200 plus tax and shipping and crap I can have a whole new set. So I guess I will limp it along.
I may replace all 4 ,so I have warranty, when I do my next swap so let us know if you find a better deal on them!

That whole deal with the KYB's never came through at all for us. As with a couple other GROUP BUYS that I have seen on here posted from GYRLRT or whatever the name is, I have tried getting a couple of them and it never seems to come through after we start talking shipping. That KYB deal, I had it to the point where I asked her where to send money and she suddenly stopped PM'ing me. I know her group buys work on sixth sphere so I am curious as to why they never come through here. I would say most likely that it is shipping cost. Just look at her post quoted above. $200 us shipped for all 4 struts and $365 shipped for the strut mounts!?!?!?!?!? :shock: Anyways, what I am getting at is that the price Kenny has quoted is an average price for the KYB GR2's here in good old Canada. I have been quoted less and more and the quote for less was a shop that a friend works for. We bought a set from E-gay for $285 us but then it was $185 for shipping and taxes and duties. Just something to think about. Anyways, I know this doesn;t mean a whole lot to anyone, however, I will say it anyway. People didn't support SPS and they went under. People didn't suport Saturn Motorsports because of pricing and they are meeting the same fate. And our good friends at SDA werent making any money and had to close as well and they had the best prices you are ever going to see. For anyone driving a Saturn that wants cheap parts, buy used. You drive a car with NO aftermarket support. If you want cheap, well made parts, buy a HONDA! If Kenny sells anyone a part for $5-$10 more than the big guys, it is because he is small and starting out. Really most of us spend more than that on coffee in a week. Sorry for jacking your thread Andrew88 but anyone willing to support the Saturn community selling parts to a bunch of cheap asses needs us to SUPPORT THEM! This is not intended for any single person. It is intended for all.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 am
Poor us in Canada we often get the shitty end of the deal.
And I know the Saturn community is cheap everywhere so I support it when I can..but when I can't it sucks.
Did not know shipping and crap would be 185 yikes! So like I said I will limp it for now and get some in the summer. Maybe we do a group buy and drive down to the states and buy a whole bunch lol
Or ninja the kyb warehouse.
Also 40$ a piece for strut mounts sound right.

blazinsc1
Post Whore

by blazinsc1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm
i agree with jon being cheap doesn't always pay off and thats why their is no aftermarket support for saturn, i was willing to pay for the parts on my car without trying to haggle people down because i wanted to support the saturn aftermarket, but you see with alot of the saturn owners they will try and haggle tooth and nail and that is why companies stop either making parts for saturns aftermarket or close up shop its a shame really because i love my car and i loved that it was different then doing up a honda but its sad to say it seems more and more its fizzling out which is sad :(

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:44 pm
Yeah agreed Sean. $40 for strut mounts is cheap. I've seen them as high as $85 per piece on the saturn s-series. The reason parts are cheap for Hon-duhs and Maz-duhs and cars like that are because of the volume of parts they sell. If you can get KYB's for around $400 cdn, thats a good price. Monroe's at CT will cost you about that or more so keep that in mind. Also, I firmly believe you get exactly what you pay for. If you pay $35 for a rotor, you can't seriously expect it to stay straight for more than a couple months. Then you're stuck replacing everything again. Just my thoughts. Kenny got me a price on a lower priced brake set up but I told him straight up that I don't want economy anything on my car unless absolutely necessary. Economy brakes = economy braking. :idea:

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm
After working in a Canadian Tire in the parts department and looking at a lot of parts and comparing them to premium parts, it only confirmed my opinion of putting good parts on cars. People who bought premium parts, I never saw again, but people were always in buying cheap parts. I guess if money is tight they will do... but for the price of two economy parts, you could have found the premiums on sale for the same price more often than not.

The other reason I like buying good parts the first time is I hate doing a job a second time. I want to do it right the first time. Guys at work laugh at me for taking really good care of my Saturn. It's piece of mind really.

That's my two cents...

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:39 pm
this has gotten way off topic, but i will just say i agree with Jon on econo brakes, I had to do my brakes over the winter, i went econos all around because i needed to re[place both rear calapers, so i cheaped out, and guess what, im due for a brake job again after only a few months.. yes there guarenteed for a little while longer, but honestly, im just gonna toss them, and get better ones now that the rear calapers are changed.

Back on topic with the KYB's my prices are there, if anyopne is interested, let me know, if not, no hard feelings, but i'll continue to give poeple quotes whenever prices are asked.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm
Ya for now I limp it. But will see in the summer on getting some new ones.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko