WTB Feeler! DOCH Head swap parts

General Wanted to by
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:32 pm
Just looking for now, but I am sick to looking at my sorry SOHC engine in my basement and can't stand the thought that I am going to stick the slowest engine back into my car. I'm starting a new job nexy week that pays a hell of a lot more and don't mind paying a few more dollars to get what I want.

So, I have a block that I can work with.

I am looking for 93-94 parts DOHC M/T

Head in working and complete order
Intake manifold
Injectors and rail
Fuel pump (might just buy new)
Throttle Body
Throttle cable
ECU
EGR Valve
Wiring harness
Timing chain cover
Gauge Cluster

And anything else anyone can think of that I would need to do a swap. 85 hp was fun, but with everything else I am doing suspension wise, I want to have some good fun with this. I do not want to use a AT ecu. I like that I can keep the idiot light out and let the ecu tell me when it has a real problem. Also, I for those that don't know, I am running a 93 SL1 SOHC TBI MT.

Again, this is a feeler. I won't be looking to buy right away, I am just looking for options right now.

Thanks

Nick

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm
Ive got head, intake manifold, injectors with rail, throttle body, egr valve for a first get with 112k on em. 100$

Edit: Im sure I had harness and ecu for first gen, have to check to see if I've chopped it up for pigtails or if it is unmolested

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:07 am
too bad, i just scrapped a dohc head from a 94, it sat in my garage for a year or so, and i would never have a use for it, so i encded up throwing it in the scrap metal pile.

I have a complete 1998 DOHC (needs a rebuild) was told it smoked (unknown KM's)

its a longblock .. intake manafold down to oil pan
no ecu, and cant remember if there is a harness or not

if interested make me an offerbeen sitting here for about a year too. id like to sell this to someone who can use it rather than scrap metal

ohhh, and i could probably arrange to drop it off at your place too.

im on upper wellington if you wanna take a look at it

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 am
Well, if I can, I would love to stay with OBD1... if I recall, wasn't there an adapter plate to use vacuum egrs rather than electric? And were the 98's when the switched over to that plastic intake and roller cam setup?

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 am
Off the top of my head..

Plastic intake and shitty head did not start until 99. Well shitty head in 99 and plastic intake in 99.5 or something silly. 98 Is actually a nice year because they changed to stronger valve springs.

But 98 may have return less fuel rail meaning you would need to swap intake manifolds and fuel rails and injectors to get low imped ones.

Yes there was an egr adapter made can get through our non existent dealers. Although I have seen guys slot the egr bolt holes to fit lol.

Need to drill and tap an extra coolant sensor hole or just not have your coolant gauge work. OBDI uses two coolant sensors.

Other than that swap some sensors over and start burning rubber. But not too much do not want to pop a diff pin!

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 am
You can also stay with the manual trans you have now. Personally, after having both manual transmissions for Saturns, I prefer the SOHC because of the gearing ratio and the increased gas mileage you get. Believe me, the gas you go through is noticeably different. You also don't have to shift into 4th in the city which I like. The less I have to shift in traffic, the better.

BTW, if you still have those tranny cables I gave you, Kenny is looking for some so if you are not using them, maybe you can be charitable to him like I was to you and let him have them or sell them for a really good price. Just a thought. I know Kenny never forgets things like that :wink:

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:49 pm
Indeed, I prefer the mp2. Sure you do not need to downshift on the highway as much but 500rpm difference between the 5th gears at highway speeds! So ya gas bonus and noise level.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm
i put a 1998 motor in a OBD1 car, i just swapped everything over, the only thing that isnt setup on the car right now is the second coolan sensor (guages arent hooked up)

i just through the idea out there, like i said the motors been sittinga long time and needs a rebuild, we bought it with intentions on rebuilding it
8 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko