1995 SC1 part out feeler

Automotive Related (cars and parts)
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 pm
I will more than likley parting out my 1995 SC1, its in pretty good shape, but will take too much time and moneyu to get it on the road, so ther eis no need to keep this think around taking up valuable space int eh driveway.

histrory on the car

bought it with a blown motor, put a 1997 motor in it.. IT RUNS
Manual Trans (but nohting transmission related is for sale.) keeping it for a swap

I don't remember the KM's on the motor, but it wasnt low, probably 200,000 or so... 212,000 is standing out in my head for some reason.

pretty much everything will be for sale, CHEAP PARTS like last time, no offers would be refused.

the only problem is, i wont be starting until we get some warmer weekends :(

baseic priclist and ETA for stripping will be coming soon. Right now i am just interested in who would be interested in some parts?

Last time i parted a car most parts were only $10 so look for prices similar to this again this time. I'd rather the car get parted and used than goto a scrap yard as a whole and have them charge $50 a part

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Does it have multi port fuel injection? I can't remember if that year had it or not, IIRC it did not have tbi. I would be interested in the throttle cable. And the shifter linkages too. I wouldn't mind have extras around as they seems to be hard to come by.

I went to mikes auto today to see what saturns are around and holy shit. They were all buried or crushed already. There is a 92 in really god shape that I am going to have to get a few things off of. They haven't inventoried it yet so I couldn't get anything off of it. Nice blue interior too. I wish I had also stripped the parts car I had of the 92 stuff too. I would have swapped knowing I had spares for it :(

Let me know if there is anything else that I can use for a swap.

Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 pm
the engine has MPFI yes, the shifter cables will have to be kept unfortunatly, cause we will nbeed them to do the 5 speed swap

what are ou interested if it has MPFI? full motor? i can make you a good deal on the motor if you want it, and you can see it run befor ei pull it
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm
I'm just looking for parts to do my swap. Andrew has a head, but I still need shit like wiring harness gauge cluster, throttle cable etc... and after my recent venture to the wrecker, I got seriously bruised after finding there was next to nothing there. Worst case scenero I find a parts car.

PS I wish I used the 92 engine I had, a lot of 92 parts around. I could have just stocked on them and I wish I did :(
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 pm
ok, just so you are aware, this is a SOHC motor, will the stuff work off this motor for you?

i also happen to have a 98 DOHC (full motor) sitting in the garage i am sure i could rape for parts if you needed somethign for DOHC

as for wiring harness, i can arrange that if you need it from a 1995. i dont think i have the 1997 harness anymore.

Also, ANYONE who wants to buy the complete engine, can see it running and do tests before its pulled?? any interest, if not i'll be taping it fo any potential buyers
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 pm
fyi for frostman, 95 has electronic egr. Harness would be pretty similar other than that, altho not sure at the pcm end.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 pm
andrew88 wrote:fyi for frostman, 95 has electronic egr. Harness would be pretty similar other than that, altho not sure at the pcm end.

the engine is running off OBD1 as far as i know? and the EGR is the 1997 EGR i never changed it because it was the same as the original. actually no maybe not?? is the EGR attached to the intake manafold? cause i swapped the whole manafold over, now that i think about it its cause of the EGR ha
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 pm
Ya 95 was last year with two coolant sensors, first year with electronic egr, dohc engine had egr on head. Sohc had egr on intake. If you could connect the harness to a 93/94 pcm, than just tuck away the egr connector into the loom!
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 pm
Headliner, driverside door pending its not rotted out, and roof :)
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm
Well, I need to ask the question then. How much fun would it be to drop an OBD2 engine into an OBD 1 car with out bitching from the pcm? I have another 1st block hanging around too to work from if that makes a difference. After going to the yard a few weeks ago, I am not going to pass this up if it will work...
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm
95 is closer to the obdII engines than any other obdI engine is, making swapping one into a 95 easier... the 91/92 takes quite a bit of screwing around because so many sensors are different even the crank is different.

But for the 93/94: have the motors side by side and swap sensors as necessary, swap comp to same year of car if changing to dohc.
Keep your obdi ignition module, would need to get pre 95 manifold with alum fuel rail and low imp injector
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun May 23, 2010 7:29 pm
I have an OBD2 motor running in an OBD1 car. the only thing that isnt working is the guage for the temp, i hooked the temp sensor to the ECU instead

Andrew88: Headliner, driverside door pending its not rotted out, and roof

These are all available, how much of the roof do you need? I have a glass guy down the street who will pull my windows out, and then you can have it cut anywhere you like. let me know. I dont think the door is rotted out, but i can pull the panels off and have a look at it, i will be pulling the car into the garage this week and hopefully start parting it out.

Do you have a way to get the roof from Hamilton to your place?
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 pm
Well, I may just pick it up then if it's not terribly hard to do. I of course ill be tearing this engine down for a DOHC swap as I am not waiting anymore. Just going to drop in the sohc with 144 km on it now just to get it running and on the road right now.

Is there any way of getting the dash temp gauge working? Also, I need a throttle cable, gauge cluster (unless the stock on can be modded)

PS Kenny, does your glass guy do windshields? I have to get that replaced as well before it goes for safety. If any one has ever quoted glass for a first gen, it's not cheap.
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 pm
I had the winshield done on my coupe before (almost 600)... second time it broke I bought the tools to do it myself lol.
Also when my coupe was the project car my dd died so I did the same thing, drop a low km sohc in till the dohc was done!
The guages are a little diff from sohc to dohc, but do not need to be swapped. Higher tach redline and higher top speed reading on the dohc cluster. Although this would be a good oportunity to get all the parts for a 2nd gen dash swap
To keep the temp guage you need to add a sensor, drill and tap a hole kinda where the upper rad hose goes on the head.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 pm
ya, there's the right way to add a temp guage sensor to work like listed above (drill and tap a hole in the head where the stock OBDI would be)

or you can re-locate it and put it in a nicer place if you need to ... or swap to a proper head??

i was just gonna drill and tap it myself but alot more work than i would wantr to do at this point in time for a motor im not going to use myself.

as for the windsheild.. YES he is a windsheild installer. I could ask him how much to swap my windsheild into your car for you?? if you pay the labour i will sell you the engine and windsheild cheap.
His company is Sterling Auto Glass.. or you can call around, and get the cheapest rate (im not taking profit off his labour) just siggesting him cause hes literally 4 houses away from me and its very convient

do you have a first gen coupe or sedan?? is the sedan windsheild the same?

he told me before a windsheild for this firts gen coupe woudl be $600 min, i got my 98 coupe for $275 cash installed.
let me know cause im going to try to sell my windsheild anyways but i'll give anyone on here cheaper parts than i would sell them for privatly.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko