1995 SC1 part out feeler

Automotive Related (cars and parts)
22 posts Page 2 of 2
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:20 pm
Coupe and sedans do not share windshield unfortunately. And I totally missed your post before Kenny about the roof.

So ya as long as the drivers side door is not rotted I would take that, did it have power options? That would be bonus but w/e Ill swap stuff over.
The roof, I do not need that much of the pillars. Once you have your windows out you will see that the roof is actually a removable panel. Windows have to come out to change it but w/e. It takes a bit of time to carefully peel unbolt and remove the panel because it is sealed onto the unibody fairly well so would be easiest to just cut the whole thing off of the donor car at the pillars. I want to get headroom plus better looks and ditch the siliconed sunroof!

And yes I has a truck to move it with, probably bring the trailer.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 pm
well I will probably be rmoving all glass to sell those seperatly, once the car is gutted of any parts thast are sale-able i can cut the roof off, or even sell you the shell if tis easier to transport (provided you have room to store it) either way i have no problems at all either cutting the roof out, or removing the roof panel

edit:

frostman do you have a coupe or sedan?
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:58 pm
Well if you get all the parts off of it, it would save you some time for me to take the shell and cut it out myself.
If you do end up cutting it out, I would rather you cut it at the pillars so I can do a practice / refresher removing the panel. I do have the room chop it up, and access to a car hauler with winch.
Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Thu May 27, 2010 8:03 am
I will look into this a bit more when I am off night shift. But I have a first gen sedan. And 600 bucks is about the middle ground. About two years ago and fellow I had got into contact with said 370 cash, but that was two years ago lol

I will certainly have to look around for glass soon, so I will keep him in mind.

As for the engine, I am looking at all possibilities. If it means doing a tap and here or there, or a slice here or there, then I will consider it after talking it through more in depth with you guys before I go tearing stuff apart and damaging stuff...

Probably will be the weekend before I get some serious reading done.

Thanks!

PS I go for my licence next week and have my engine still half apart :( An engine with 144Km on it needs a timing set. Have to pull the other engine out that has a brand new set on it. ARG! This is being a PITA! But I can't wait to get her on the road! Finally coming so close!
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 pm
ok, no problem to both andrew and frostman

andrew -> I have no troubles selling the shell of the car to you, or cutting it up, if you take the whole car, you can take it in for scrap metal and make some if not all of your money back from it, I usually just call my normal guy, but he wont give me squat if i cut the roof lol. so its kinda 6 of one and half dozen of the other weather i scrap the shell or sell the roof to you

Frostman, if you are interetsed and want to see the motor running in a first gen you can come by anytime in the next couple week, im not going to be pulling it for a little bit, after i pull it it will be a video of it running

i cant put the car into the garage until i fix the ball joint on GHSTRIDR;s car
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm
Alright if your not going to make any scrap monies off of it than I will just take the shell when ready. Saves you some time too.
When this happens how much are you wanting for all of this?
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 pm
honestly depends on how much i remove off the car, but i doubt no more than like $50, most of the parts will be removed for later sale on Ebay the last car i parted i only the parts people called for.. (lots of calls when ther eall cheap)
22 posts Page 2 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko