Mild N/A engine

Automotive Related (cars and parts)
21 posts Page 1 of 2
andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 pm
I am seeing if there is any interest. I would like to do a turbo build this winter but if I cannot sell this then it will go into my dd in the spring.

Its a 98 dohc. 134xxx kms plus 20xxxkms since the build.
Chirped the tires into second often and into third when I had a new clutch lol. Pulled very hard.

Head:
Decked .10thou,Mild port ,New valve seals, 98 valve springs which are the strongest.
Flat faced valves. Twin intake cams

Port matched intake.
GM performance pistons stock bore. TB and everything were cleaned up nicely. All new seals and gaskets, Rear main, valve seals etc.
All sealed up and ready to go, would leave the oem clutch and flywheel with it, have less than 40k.

Any questions just ask. Looking to get 1000$

AdaM42

by AdaM42 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 pm
How much to install it for me? lol

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:57 pm
Depends. If you are serious we could work out some numbers, and depending on time frame of when you want it done.
My current to do list is: Bonneville rear brakes this weekend
Lesabre being striped this weekend
Vandura being picked over and hauled to scrap - before jan
Old coupe being striped and hauled to scrap - before dec
SL1 - safety list no hurry
SC2 - engine swap no real hurry

So If you want to park it up here and have me work on it off and on during the week could do that. Or we could look at a calender and set up a weekend that you drive up and have the swap done.

You currently rocking a sohc? What year?

email / msn is andrew_conrod@hotmail.com

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:04 pm
Crap... I just picked up a used 94 SOHC TBI with 144K for 500. I don't know what to do with this now. I need a wiring harness, fuel pump and cluster to make this work...

How long are you going to be sitting on this?

Nick

If you know of anyone that may be interested the the SOHC, I may be more interested in it. Cars not doing anything right now. Just waiting right now, that and with the ministry on strike for license testing, I can't even get my G2 (long story on that, don't big me lol)
Last edited by Frostman on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:08 pm
I would like the engine gone at some point. I am not in a huge hurry so for now first come first serve but money talks because I am le poor atm. lol

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm
Do you have all receipts for the build including machine work and parts? I have never heard of GMPP pistons for the saturns . I would need the PCM with the engine but I am interested if you have all paperwork. Also, can it be heard running? Let me know about this. Cash in hand but if no paperwork....no interest!!

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Currently still in car and yes running. Paper work = lol. I will look to see what all paper work I have but with the move this summer I am still trying to find crap that is in boxes or at my parents.
Will go through whats here tonight and my parents tomorrow.

Ok so I found receipts for spark plugs, Perfect circle piston rings, Pistons, rear main seal, front main seal.
Will look at my parents tomorrow. I am surprised I found that much paper work.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:22 pm
Very interested too. Not so much worried about paper work as I am hearing it run.

Also, if you have those black poly bushings around too, I am interested in them as well. Where are you located? And I'm going to ask the dumb question, will this work with OBD1 computer?

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:29 pm
Yes, just need to change coil packs and a few sensors from the old motor to match everything up. You would have to change comps to a 94 twin cam. I sill have the poly bushings and am located in cookstown or could meet / deliver after seeing everything.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 pm
I just mapped out where that is. It's a bit far for me for the motor. Possible to ship mounts if everything is there?

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:16 pm
Kit is complete. I dont think I opened any of the bags. And shipping is a bitch for me because I work outside of the post offices hours. But am always willing to go for a drive. If interested to pay for some gas I would deliver or meet part way? And the motor I did some thinking and forgot a few things, obdI uses two coolant sensor and vacuum egr so there would be some hack going on there unless we drilled and taped another coolant sensor hole and got the adapter for the egr blah blah . So ya OBDII engine on OBDI system = extra work than going the other way.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 am
Yah, I thought about it last night, I am NOT interested in the motor. It is a killer deal, but I just can't float that money and try and get rid of the one I just bought in time to make it work for me. But the poly mounts I think we can work something out. Perhaps if the motor is being bought and going to be picked up/delivered we can do it all in one shot? Again, not in a hurry but don't want to waste any ones time either : )

Keep me posted!

Also it's the master kit right? Should be about 50-56 piece kit? Tried to figure it out one day for the front/rear stab bar and control arms and something else correct?

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:50 am
Yupp master kit. I will take pics and what not when I go to my parents tonight.

Motor Pending.

Frostman
6th Planet Addict

by Frostman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:03 pm
Also, I picked up a SX2 rear end with a 3 way adjustable sway bar, I believe it's 17.5mm should those bushings work fine?

andrew88
Our Fearless Leader

by andrew88 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:39 pm
That I am not sure on. Most of the swaybars I have seen came with poly bushings anyways.
Leaving parents now post pics when I get home.

710 - pics posted in their own f/s spot.
21 posts Page 1 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko