Sub box

Q&A: Electrical and In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Technical Support
17 posts Page 2 of 2

Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:55 pm
Chaz wrote:Hey this isn't worth making a new thread about, but the guy who installed my subs mounted the amp on top of my box, so if i take the amp off won't the box be fucked because there is little holes in the top of it now? how can i fix that, because i want to a) get a new amp and b)mount it somewhere else. probably the back of the seat.

You can try to use wood glue or wood putty to fill them from the inside... or worst case, leave the screws in the holes. Maybe use black drywall screws. But definetely try to glue the hole instead of leaving the screw there.

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:04 pm
Take the screws out and check how long they are. If they are 3/4" or less you will be ok as most boxes are made out of 3/4" mdf. If they are longer than that, the guy is a moron. Kevin is right about box volumes. You could make a sweet looking box that sounds like shit cause the volumes are wrong. Go to carstereo.com and they have a box design and calculator on there. If you really wanna make your own box that hits lower sounds without resonance than go with Baltic Birch plywood. MDF is good for price and has dampening properties but Baltic Birch is the ultimate in box building materials. Problem is it costs more than double what MDF does. If you want some let me know and I can hook you up!

As for an amp....I bought a Planet Audio 600w rms mono block amp and have absolutely no problems or complaints. It came with a 5 year warranty which is phenomonal for any electronics and the warranty didn't cost me a thing. Go listen to alot of amps and read, read, read. Also read customer reviews. All of them, not just good or bad. Good luck with the search.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko