Sub Box Help

Q&A: Electrical and In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Technical Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
artsar
6th Planet Addict

by artsar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:54 pm
So now that I have Jers Redline seats in my sedan and the hydros in my trunk my old sub locations are out of the question. There is NO room in the trunk for the sub and I want to keep the back seats as seats rather than a place to put the sub box. I was thinking of making a sub box where the cup holders are between the back seat, but what size should I build this box to? Its a bit tough to figure out the exact volume when its going to be a ring/base and then fiberglassed fleece.

Any of you more stereo oriented guys have any tips on building a box like this? Its for a 12" type R that will be at 4ohm and 700RMS. Obviously it won't be a heavy hitter, but I would like some thump.

Thanks
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am
Don't those Type R's run steady at 2 ohms? Are you doing a sealed box or are you porting it? What kind of idea do you have for this as far as shape goes? Figuring out volume is easy when you decide on the shape. Being where you are deciding to put it, your most efficient for space would be a triangle type box. Are you ever down Hamilton way? I could do this in my sleep but you are pretty far away.
Slayer
O6P Staff

by Slayer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:22 am
if i remmeber correctly, Adam is moving somewhere down this way??
artsar
6th Planet Addict

by artsar » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:24 pm
I am in Newmarket right now. I was planning on running the sub inverted and into a box that would fit between the back seats. This way people can actually sit back there AND I can have some thump. I was only going to run it sealed to make it easier on myself. As for the 2ohm statement. Well they are dual 2ohm subs so I can either run a single sub in 1 or 4ohm depending on how I wire it and my amp puts out 700rms at ohm. I could be wrong on the wiring thing, but a dual 2ohm sub can't be wired to 2ohm.
viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:42 pm
You are right. It would only run at 2 ohms if it were run in circuit with another off of a single channel. For your box, did you want something done in fibreglass that can be painted to match either your interior or exterior? I could get one together quite quickly for you but would need specs on the sub. If you are going to run your sub inverted, you gotta make sure there is enough room between the two back seats to accomodate the width of the sub plus the box so around 14" total width if you go that route. Remember, bass travels through anything, so the need to actually see the sub is not there unless it is for show purposes. I am no good with computer drawing programs but could map something out for you if you were in the Burlington area anytime soon. I work in Burlington and live in Hamilton if you want some help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko