saab 9-3

Q&A: Electrical and In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Technical Support
6 posts Page 1 of 1
ScottyC

by ScottyC » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:01 pm
was wondering if an ECU swap from a 99 9-3 saab turbo would work in a 97 sc2 and if yes what else would need to be done to make this work...... also how bout the engine would that swap or too much work?

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:08 pm
You sure do come up with some waaaay out there questions. Why would you ever want to put an ECU from a Saab into a 97 SC? Are you boosted or have you read somewhere that it is possible? Really, anything is possible but judging by the fact you are on here with us other Saturn owners, I doubt you can make it a reality. Prove me wrong if you can cause I would love to see it but I don't think it would be worth it. Why not just buy a Saab 9-3 Turbo?

Rear-Vue
6th Planet Addict
by Rear-Vue » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:22 am
the monkeys with the 2.2 ecoslut motors can use the whole saaab 9-3 turbo setup a bunh of the j-bodys guys run those and a few americans run them in the eco's from ions to L series.

but ya no point in trying to run an ecu from there cat wont work harness and programing is totally different,

motor swap be cool but cost alot i think. i have seen people swap in the ecotec into a s series cheaperto just turbo it

ScottyC

by ScottyC » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:26 am
ya i was thinkng of a turbo set-up...our motors are lot of the same set-up....should be a good set-up with a turbo......

sc2_projekt_97
6th Planet Addict

by sc2_projekt_97 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:57 am
if you have to ask, you cant do it.

and why...there are far better options out the for a pcm. say megasquirt....

and you are NOT going to be able to take a turbo kit from any other car and have it bolt right up to your saturn. custom kit with custom mani and downpipe. custom IC piping....the list goes on...you need to start reading and stop asking at this point. the answers are everywhere...

coppertop_01
Crazy Saturn Mofo

by coppertop_01 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:01 am
scotty, the engines are in no way the same, your car has a LLO motor, the saab has a ecotec motor (not sure what th esaab engine code is, but it is similar to a LNF) they have different blocks, different heads, different intake, different exhuast, there aren't too many parts that are the same. The only way you would make this work is if you replaced the LLO motor with the Saab motor, but if you want todo that much work, it might be cheaper to just buy a 9-3

Jer
6 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko