airbag light

Q&A: Electrical and In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Technical Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
rshackelferd
6th Planet Addict
by rshackelferd » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:20 pm
so i ripped my car apart and wanted to redo my interior i put in a remote started and keyless entry, 3000ft 2 way 99.99 at CT, i think it was $230 usually i got hooked up one of those ct kids that don't know a whole lot, i guess knew me from high school so that was cool and I've started the car to test it and everything works fine

the other day i took off the stering wheel to paint it after hooking it back up my airbag light comes on and stays on, so i think my computer things the they went off or something i looked at a few forms and have heard something like turning your key on and off 3 times or something like that resets it, i did disconnected the battery to reset the comp that way ( don't need it hooked up my car isn't goin anywhere 4 awhile)

just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or know what i may be bale to do or if disconnecting the battery will solve it
thanks guys

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:49 am
If you know anyone with a scanner for OBDII, they can reset the computer. I have one but am in Hamilton so unless you wanna drive here, try and find someone out there. This will also tell you why the light is on. If you are strolling through the area anytime soon, let me know and I will do it for you.

coppertop_01
Crazy Saturn Mofo

by coppertop_01 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm
I have one as well, but it is hardwired into my car, so using it on other cars is hard.

Jer

rshackelferd
6th Planet Addict
by rshackelferd » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:05 am
thanks, if resetting my batt doesn't fix it then i may have to take a little drive i don't know anyone in london with one and the dealership and other shops charge WAY too much, i've yet to find a place that will do it for free like some shops in the U.S., i'm hopping to have my car back on the road soon so if it's still on by then i might have to drive up, i love my SC1, great on gas :D

viperssaturn

by viperssaturn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 pm
Most part source stores will do it for free if you are not a dick to them. Some will say no but they do and are too lazy to actually do it. Call around to PS stores in your area and ask. If not, I will gladly do it for free.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko