Hey everyone, Im new around here but have had my saturn for about 6 years and been in car audio for about 8. Currently working on a rather large project which will end with me having 4 15" subs in a approx 17cuft box ported at 28hz with about 700 watts each.
Should be fun
So heres some pics of the progress so far.
Here are the pics from the rest of the thread, here for easy viewing:
Speakers and amp:
The 6500s are installed in the door, i plan on setting up the radio today sometime, and then the amp and crossovers the next day. So plan is that my Monday, ill have sound for the first time in this car for over a year.
I would have gotten alot more done today, cept my camera has a "Error please reset or see the user manual" which i cant fix, so having pics became a problem whcih i still havent solved. Ands then i realized that i dindt have any speaker wire, so i ran up to the store, and they dindt have my dash kit or any wire, so i was ****ed.
But later today, or prolly Sunday morning ill have another update, with hopefully some pics.
Ok so I am finally starting on the project, and decided to deaden a bit tonight:
Heres all the stuff waiting to go in(one roll of SE was cut up on the ground)
Wow I have to actually work on the car tonight look.
Thanks Nate for the suggestion on the new Battery terminals, ill see how i like em soon!
Door with panel off, still have the vapor barrier with the dynamat on top i was so dumb back then
Deadening the door:
Layer 2 of SE applied
Yay paint mixer, makes mixing the v3 WAY easier!
Light coat of v3, didnt want to use all of it on the doors, so just put a bit, prolly wont make a difference but made me feel better.
Drivers door with speaker out.
Ready for deadening.
Dad's bike that kept me out of the garage when it was raining
All SE'd up.
And some v3 also, put more on this door when i realized just how much 2 gallons really is.
Did both door panels in light coat of v3, drying and ready for teklite soon.
Thanks to Nate for suggesting these new terminals, freakin AWESOME compared to the old ones, I had the same old ones he did, and they never held the wire securely, these ones LOCK the wire on, and I would suggest them to ANYONE who wants good quality battery terminals. Thanks again Nate!
Backseat removed, the **** seat belt bolts that actually connected at the bottom were hard as hell to get out, but a 2" extension pipe and 2 broken socket wrenches later and they are out
Started cleaning the trunk and getting it ready for deadening, means had to remove some old dynamat that was all dry and stiff as hell. Got my Azn to help me.
My Dog joined in on the fun!
Started with the v4, and **** that stuff works awesome, definately going to be ordering a bit more before i actually call this job done.
Driver door all v4'd
For the first time in 6 years of car audio, my brother offered assistance in a project! Had him doing the trunk, and the lid now has 2 layers of SE on it, and I was able to finish the doors up and get the panels back on.
Finally got my dad to move the bike out so i wasnt in the **** cold air.
All in all, although it seems like it took a lot of work to finish the passenger door and do the trunk lid/partial of the trunk floor, it was worth it. All in all I am incredibly pleased with the eDead products thus far, and I have already noticed a decrease in road noise just from the doors and the bit in the trunk I did, of course with no back seat its still kinda loud but that can be expected.
I am trying to create a full list of things I have to do, and its making me sad lol, sooo much work still to go, but I finally feel like I am making progress!