Itx porject

Q&A: Electrical and In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Technical Support
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Phil_The_Thrill
by Phil_The_Thrill » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:21 pm
Hey everyone so i decided to put an itx computer in my Saturn SC1. My system is a epia M 10000 with 512 ram and will use a 20 gig ipod hard drive for the OS and a removable 4 gig flash for music. For power I'm using a m3 atx power supply and the screen is a monitor from a portable Polaroid DVD player. Here's pic of the progress so far.

Viperoni
onenut

by Viperoni » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:24 pm
I can't wait to see this when it's gonna be done :)

What are you gonna use to play the music, winamp, WMP?

I imagine that with an HD like that and the EPIA's processing power it'll run pretty slow, but you're only playing MP3's afterall ;)

Phil_The_Thrill
by Phil_The_Thrill » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:39 pm
I'll be using Winamp i was making a custom skin for it but will just use a basic skin right now. For i while i was using the usb drive for the OS and that was painfully slow 5 minute start up times. But I'm thinking it was more a problem with the hacked windows XP I was using. Since I'm going to run windows 2000 and that the Ipod drive has decent speeds compared usb sticks I don't think it will be too long loading times. The epia M is actually quite powerful for MP3 and DVD playback and has never given me a problem so far when using with a 3.5 hard drive. I'll post the start up time once i get everything running how I want it.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
kuchnie na wymiar radomsko